Obesity is sinking America : Swingers Discussion 2007451051
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumObesity is sinking America
TOPIC: Obesity is sinking America
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 211   End
User Details are only visible to members.
A lot of places have adopted a sliding scale for what you pay for insurance at your workplace. We get 2 months with no premium for passing several tests, cholesterol, blood pressure, among others as being a non-smoker. At my nieces work and the place I used to work you will pay higher premiums if you smoke, have high blood pressure, high cholesterol.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17656 posts)
The majority of the costly health issues today are lifestyle/choice related. Once it's spun so far out of control and requires expensive treatments and/or surgeries, much of the cost transfers onto everyone's shoulders.

My mother is a classic example. She has been a heavy smoker for decades. She has already developed chronic bronchitis, and in my opinion, well on her way to developing COPD. This has been her choice, she states she "enjoys" smoking. She has led a very active life and worked as a nurse for all these decades, contributing in to the system and carrying her own insurance as well. She is now semi-retired, still contributing. BUT one day she will be fully retired, and soon after her choices are going to fully catch up to her. She will wind up on oxygen and she will require expensive treatment as a result of her decades of exercising her "choice". In her defense, she has at least paid heavily into the system over the years, but this was a completely avoidable outcome.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10696 posts)
Well, I don't know about legislating it. But obese people, like smokers are a higher risk. People who try to stay healthy should not be burdened with higher health insurance premiums. Like smoking, obesity IS a choice.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
BS, I don't think it's my business if everyone's healthy or not {actually, being in healthcare, I get more business when they're not}, I just think people have lost sight of being their healthiest in pursuit of harmful things, sometimes not realizing what they are risking. Encourage good health? Yes. Legislate it? Insane.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10696 posts)
why is it anybody buiness if I'am healthy.O thats right,obamacare says it everybody buinesses now.invade my privetcy.lead by the nose......BS

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
It's not about hate, it's about health and the impact obesity has on it.

Grow up and quit trying to instigate, gusher! It's not about being "skinny" it's about trying to be as healthy as you can be.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10696 posts)
Wow seems some folks are obsessed with putting down overweight people . Hate has no boundaries I guess.

Dyer IN
Username hidden
(450 posts)
the oversize is lower,but the big ones are big........BS........

Kingston TN
Username hidden
(1991 posts)
i think bloomberg should encourage more people to be swingers. we tend to be more concious about our weight.

Jamaica NY
Username hidden
(881 posts)
Mr. VA, if you can't hear the stereo, you've exceeded your capacity for weight-bearing. lol

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10696 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... More 
Start   51 to 60 of 211   End
TOPIC: Obesity is sinking America