Obesity is sinking America : Swingers Discussion 2007451041
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumObesity is sinking America
TOPIC: Obesity is sinking America
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 213   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"I think Wellfare has alot to do with obesity plus food stamps too,"

You outweigh me by 80 pounds. Get off the dole, dood. ;)

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10769 posts)
"Velveeta type cheese "

our WIC system here in KY doesn't allow velveeta or american cheese. I worked as a cashier for a few years.

Louisville KY

Username hidden
(17509 posts)
I think it is just a small daily/ongoing dose of discipline. It all starts with giving a shit, and making it work.

It is not for the smart, well educated, full of money, and sophisticated folks. It is a basic human trait that for many has gone soft. many decades ago folks lived with a feeling of scarcity and cared an awful lot about being fed, and secure; as in empty stomachs and not losing the house during the depression, etc. The resourcefulness of our collective grandparents-(who were broke) put food on the table, and saved every penny. They were not sophisticated, not educated, had no personal chef, no internet for daily recipes, doubtful if they had any nutritional books, and certainly had no advisors to tell them to avoid debt, and god forbid spend less than they made.

Dial ahead: it seems as if the resourcefulness has given way to blaming everyone but oneself, and of course giving in to society's marketing plan of consumption.

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(2157 posts)
I've bitched about that before. I can go to the grocery store and buy a whole chicken for around $1 a pound (or even cheaper), green beans and rice and make a decent meal for 4 for about $8. A pound of bacon, dozen eggs, bell pepper and some onions and potatoes for a hot breakfast on a Sunday is maybe another $8. Nobody knows how to cook anymore, or they're too lazy.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(18754 posts)
I think Wellfare has alot to do with obesity plus food stamps too, If all had to pay for what they eat,,To me they just like me and mine would eat treats less often,,Just my thoughts on this subject..

Mickey.

Rayne LA

Username hidden
(4832 posts)
I am convinced that consistent (even if minimal) caloric excess is about the same characteristic as the overspending, and broke upon retirement epidemic. Both seem to be habits which we are all guilty of, but without a pattern change the consequences are bad. Most folks I meet will always say the same thing about saving: can't do it today...as soon as I get x and x taken care of I will get started. However, it always goes that when x and x are finally out of the way the new Honda Odyssey shows up in the driveway. The average American is overweight, and the average balance in 401k plans in the US is less than $80,000.

Philadelphia PA

Username hidden
(2157 posts)
not even "almost" always. We've been making better choices, but still have a ways to go to change our bad decisions. All you have to do is look at the kids in the grocery store, then look at what's in their parents' shopping carts to see that we are what we choose.

I can blame everything but myself, but ultimately it is up to me as to what I put in my mouth.

San Antonio TX

Username hidden
(7268 posts)
Blood pressure is also an issue that is not necessarily a choice. But obesity, is almost always a choice.

Allenhurst NJ

Username hidden
(16378 posts)
High cholesterol can be a genetic thing, but I'm not sure about blood pressure...

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
I'm surprised anything related to high blood pressure or cholesterol hasn't been challenged as discriminatory somehow by some sleazeball lawyer.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(18754 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... More 
Start   41 to 50 of 213   End
TOPIC: Obesity is sinking America