Obesity is sinking America : Swingers Discussion 2007451031
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumObesity is sinking America
TOPIC: Obesity is sinking America
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 207   End
User Details are only visible to members.
An observation of mine from my line of work is that too many people are concerned with the quantity of formula their baby consumes and try to get them to eat a little more instead of accepting the baby is satisfied. One of the things that I am glad of with breastfeeding is that you cant see quantity and there are no markings on the outside of a boobie, so you have to go by signs from the baby as to whether they're full....continued repeated overfeeding in the cradle leads to overweight children, and leads to overweight adults. Quality, not quantity, should be the focus.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10727 posts)
because it wasn't permitted to be shown on TV back in the day. Now they would all be fucking each other all the time. Although of the 4 men on the island only one was even in the range of "fuckable"

PG

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
Maybe because Mary Ann made killer banana and coconut cream pies?

JW: Why we always saw Mary Ann with a cream pie, but we never saw anyone giving Mary Ann a cream pie.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
he had a hidden stash of twinkies ;)

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
" Granted, we never buy a majority of the shit sold in the twinkie isle, but if we did, it may not be indicative of our entire food plan. "

I'll bet Gilligan wishes they'd landed on the Twinkie Isle instead.

JW: Why didn't the Skipper become thin after years on a deserted island?

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20220 posts)
How about this somewhat unsavory argument.....

While predisposition certainly plays a role, how your life turns out is usually due to a series of judgments and choices. People who make perpetually poor judgments are likely to have perpetually poor results, whether it be poverty, unemployment, illiteracy, criminal records, or obesity.

It shouldn't be terribly surprising that there is significant overlap.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20220 posts)
Agree......and, as it relates to blaming McDonalds, or sodas in NYC, et al, what someone buys may not be what they eat all day, every day. Granted, we never buy a majority of the shit sold in the twinkie isle, but if we did, it may not be indicative of our entire food plan.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2236 posts)
I get frustrated by the deflection of the obesity question onto people who use WIC or a similar program. Are there a lot of fat people who use their food stamps to buy the worst possible choices allowable through the program? Certainly. Are there a lot of fat people who use their own cash to make spectacularly bad food choices? You bet your Twinkie there are.

This is not a problem that we can automatically blame on people who use government food aid.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(4044 posts)
There are 100,000,000 obese people in the USA... these are, of course, ROUND figures. :^/

Also, experts agree that if people on welfare ate their food stamps, they would get more nutrients and fiber than mac n cheese or fast food, yet with fewer calories.

Gibsonia PA
Username hidden
(6969 posts)
again going back to my cashier days, people who rely on food stamps do tend to make poor food choices, not in the respect that some have suggested by buying tons of food, but by buying the wrong types of food. Why? Because heavily processed foods tend to be cheaper.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... More 
Start   31 to 40 of 207   End
TOPIC: Obesity is sinking America