Obesity is sinking America : Swingers Discussion 20074510201
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumObesity is sinking America
TOPIC: Obesity is sinking America
GoTo Page: Less ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Start   201 to 210 of 221   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Florida Percent of Obese Population

White 63.1% Black 79.1% Hispanic 66.4% Asian/Pacific Islander 46.8% American Indian/Alaska Native 67.2% Other 67.1%

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16521 posts)
California Percent of Obese Population White 57.7% Black 68.7% Hispanic 70.6% Asian/Pacific Islander 39.8% American Indian/Alaska Native 75.2% Other 59.4%

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16521 posts)
KD,

At the end of the day, no matter what is served to us, it is us who are responsible for our weight. It is up to us to keep ourselves in check and care enough to want to stay within a normal healthy weight range.

It is time to own up, time to take responsibility for our actions, we are fat because we chose to be so, not because someone enticed us with an extra helping of gravy or bacon, or any other food.

As to your family not being overweight, I'd guess that it's because they were mobile ;). They were moving and working hard, a lot more than we do today. Americans are a spoiled society, I doubt that there is a lazier nation on the globe.

Here some more info on obesity:

United States Percent White 62.8% Black 73.7% Hispanic 69.1% Asian/Pacific Islander 42.1% American Indian/Alaska Native 72.2% Other 64.9%

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16521 posts)
152 160 168 176 184 192 / 200 208 216 224 232 / 240

These are the ideal weights for a person 6'3" tall. The slashes are at ideal/overweight and overweight/obese.

When I was 18 I was 195 pounds dripping wet and fit a 32" waist. I was skinny. I was also on the OUTSIDE of healthy? Not a chance. 152# would be emaciated. Even after a week in the hospital with pneumonia I never went below 180#. Right now I'm 220# and feel that 200# is my ideal weight.....for an active 50 year old male at 6'3" My doctor agrees-and she is a stickler for fitness. That would essentially be my 'fighting weight' from 18.

These charts need rethinking. The upper and middle weights seem to be accurate, but the lower weights seem to beast apply to women with their smaller frames. ANY male my height I've ever met that was lower than 200# seemed underweight.

East Fishkill NY

Username hidden
(2788 posts)
Well, Dave and I had a morbidly obese friend until early Saturday morning. She was so nice to everyone, a really great person, and had just started a diet and low impact water aerobics maybe a month ago. She was only forty years old, and the last thing she saig on fb was about being breathless from climbing the stairs. She thought she had the flu or a cold all week, and then she was gone before 7:30 Saturday morning, due to heart failure, and despite a health problemsthat were life threatening last year, she did not stop smoking. I can't say if she had started dieting over a year ago, maybe she would still be alive, or maybe just put off death another few years, not sure.

Quakertown PA

Username hidden
(1837 posts)
breakdown of the top ten most and least obese states in the U.S.

Top Ten States with the Highest Obesity Rates

1. West Virginia: 34.3 percent 2. Delaware: 33.6 percent 3. Mississippi: 32.1 percent 4. Louisiana: 31.2 percent 5. South Carolina: 30.6 percent 6. Indiana: 30.5 percent 7. North Dakota: 30.2 percent 8. Oklahoma: 30.2 percent 9. Kentucky: 29.9 percent 10. Ohio: 29.0 percent

Top Ten States with the Lowest Obesity Rates

1. Colorado: 20.1 percent 2. Utah: 21.6 percent 3. Connecticut: 21.7 percent 4. California: 22.1 percent 5. Rhode Island: 22.1 percent 6. Massachusetts: 22.6 percent 7. New Jersey: 22.6 percent 8. Nevada: 23.6 percent 9. Minnesota: 23.8 percent 10. Florida: 24.2 percent

The Mormons don't drink alcohol a leading factor in obesity rates

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16521 posts)
Addiction, pure and simple. Look at Carnie Wilson. She just had her second lap-band surgery.

TBR - yes, look at the Dollar Menus. You can feed a family very cheaply on high fat, high calorie, chemically laden fast food. I see kids stopping by McDonald's or Dairy Queen after school for one of the mocha frappe drinks as a snack. 560 calories for a medium at McDonald's, 870 calories for a caramel moolatte at Dairy Queen!

Kat

Morgantown PA

Username hidden
(2965 posts)
It has been the policy of the US government since the Great Depression to have available to the US population an abundance of cheap calories.

Lakeside CA

Username hidden
(17225 posts)
Of course people have eating disorders just like people have body dysmorphic issues who spend thousands of dollars trying to keep from aging when all they are doing is making themselves look like fools to the rest of the world. It's all quite sad. The person who eats too much for comfort and the person who vists the plastics doctor for comfort. Both are extremes that are pathetic.

Whitehouse Station NJ

Username hidden
(4489 posts)
I agree with that Joan, but out of shape or a little overweight is different than being obese or morbidly obese. The majority of people who are 100, 200, 300 and more pounds overweight cannot be that size without eating in an out of control manner. Unless we're also talking about Food Addiction as an illness... I believe that's real and an awful problem, many don't. I have alot of sympathy for people who struggle with obesity.

Username hidden
(723 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23
Start   201 to 210 of 221   End
TOPIC: Obesity is sinking America