No response to emails : Swingers Discussion 2223481011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumNo response to emails
TOPIC: No response to emails
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 20 
User Details are only visible to members.
You were ignored by a complete stranger on the internet. It's not worth getting upset about.

Columbia MD
Username hidden
(1269 posts)
What outdoor said...

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18758 posts)
If one of us sees an email from someone and is not super excited by the message, we're likely to wait until the other sees it, to get a consensus.

If we fail to be decisive in a prompt fashion, it's pretty likely we'll neglect to respond at all.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
We don't respond to one liners, unless it's someone we've previously communicated with. The "how are you?" Type Messages irritate me. Do I respond "fine." To 10 different messages? Nah. Or the "wanna fuck?" Messages, we ignore because it states in our profile we aren't there yet.

Maybe that's rude and feel free to correct my behavior if it is!

Millington TN
Username hidden
(238 posts)
That is why there is a search option, for the forums. You don't have to look over all the past topics. Just type a word or two and hit search.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
I'm not denying them that. I'm preparing them for the fact that they are not facing a flood of replies because we've all been down this road many times.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18758 posts)
VA,

Gotta remember that not everyone has been on the forum for months or years and not everyone has had time to read every post that has been written to find the pearls of wisdom hidden in there. Not everyone has time to scan all the back pages for every topic either.

Most importantly, I believe the OP started off by saying she wanted to VENT!

Who are we to deny her that opportunity?

Sophia

Hendersonville NC
Username hidden
(1127 posts)
This topic has been beaten to death many times, but in brief....

It's not worth getting upset about. I'll admit we sometimes do this with people that we are so-so about, but want to leave the option open. A "No thanks" response makes that a little difficult. Perhaps to some that closes the door on that, but if that's the case, well, the result is the same as a "No thanks".

Seriously... let it slide. It's not worth the brain strain.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(18758 posts)
We experience that a lot.

It is funny when we sent an email to someone and they never respond to our email. I make notes of that on the note section. Then a few weeks or months later, they send us an email initiating contact not realizing we already sent them an email and the blew us off.

I try to give them the benefit of the doubt and think well, maybe they were sent a ton of emails and ours got lost in the shuffle.

However, nothing is more frustrating than when the other couple initiates the contact by sending an email. This was one where we sent them an email about two months ago and they did not respond at all. But in this email they say they liked our profile. They ask to see the photos, we open them and then we receive an email that they liked our face pics as that is all we sent them and will open theirs when they get home that night. They are at work and well, despite being able to email me to tell me that they will open them later, they can't hit grant access.

Then suddenly no contact back from them, for four days. Yes, they were on the site during the day and evenings for the last four days. We know because when someone we are interested in contacts us we put them on the friends list and can glance and see when they are on the site.

I sent them a message today, 'just wanted to let you know that we are no longer interest, we just aren't into playing games. Thanks'

So what do you do, I am not sure, but this is what I thought and did. Instead of lying to us about opening their pictures for us, they could have just sent that email to say not interested. We are adults and can handle a not interested just like you said you could.

If it makes you feel better and it does hubby and me, we like to think that they felt we were 'out of their league' as in they didn't feel they looked as good as us, or they felt that our profile was more than they could handle, or they felt insecure and took it out on us by not responding. Unfortunately, this happens a lot. People think someone will look one way and then when they think for whatever reason the other person looks so much better than them, they shut down for fear of being considered less. They fail to realize the other couple may feel the same way. We don't decide to meet a person just on looks, but on the entire person. We are too new to this lifestyle to discount the benefit of having friends even if they are not the ones we want to play with.

Now whether that is the truth does not matter, but it makes us feel better. It makes us believe the problem is on their end of things, and you know what it is......

Sophia

Hendersonville NC
Username hidden
(1127 posts)
I just need to vent. What is with people who are so rude that they will not respond to an email inviting them to explore the possibilities with us.

We expect some people to review our profile and say, "Nope, not for us."

We would much rather we get a response that says, "You guys are much to ugly for us!" than get no response at all. How hard is it to just click the reject button at the bottom of the page.

We ALWAYS respond. Sometimes the response it NO. A response at least lets others know that you heard them.

Just sayin'

Colorado Springs CO
Username hidden
(62 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 ... More 
Start   11 to 20 of 20 
TOPIC: No response to emails