Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Need a geek
TOPIC: Need a geek
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   31 to 40 of 57   End
User Details are only visible to members.
What are these trojans? And why does Norton say my comp is clean and Stop Sign says my comp has 104 of 'em in my restore files? And can I get rid of 'em by deleting the infected files, or is this a trip to the comp shop?

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
I agree Nofun. But then again, my stepbrother doesn't think that far ahead. He has his mind stuck on what the next greatest fastest most expensive thing he can put in his comp. He just bought two laptops with his income tax instead of going to the dentist to get his wisdom teeth pulled that are starting to bother him. He has his priorities screwed up when it comes to his money. Oh well, what can you do but just sit back and hold your tongue and shake your head. lol

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(1223 posts)
Sounds like my niece. She refuses to listen and just starts clicking away on any spam in her mailbox. Thankfully she does it on her parent's or her mom's parents comps and not mine or ones I have to maintain.

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(1223 posts)
I personally run BlackIce, Norton, Ad-Aware, and Spybot on my comp with Yahoo Anti-Spy as a double checker.

Fort Worth TX
Username hidden
(1223 posts)
Pen,

I have spy bot but haven't heard of the tea time.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18046 posts)
Thanks, Carrie, I found it! And thanks, Pen...I have hubby checking out Spybot and Avast now, and we'll see how it goes. The kids play games on Nick dot com and Cartoon Network and EA Games all the time, and they often allow the popups from those sites, no matter what we tell them...so off they go, surfing ads and stuff, and meanwhile my PC gets slower....and slower.......and slower..............

So glad I pay for high speed access!

Many smooches to you both for the assistance!

L.

Ithaca NY
Username hidden
(1611 posts)
CnL,

I believe that it was in the Pet Peeve topic.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18046 posts)
Okay, PC-knowledgable folks, I'm having PC issues and I know there was some thread where people compared all their virus-scanning and spyware-eliminating protocols. Hubby ran Ad-Aware or whatever on my PC, and I told him I'd try to find the names of all those programs that people here recommended, but I can't recall which thread that was (probably because the topic had NOTHING to do with computers, most likely!).

Anyway, can someone either point me to that thread or share with me the programs that work for you? Thanks!

L.

Ithaca NY
Username hidden
(1611 posts)
Nitromethane & ethanol????? Nofun, I ain't sure what they'll do to a comp, but I do know what they'll do to a 426 Hemi, lol.

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
Thanks Pen! I will see if that works.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18046 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Start   31 to 40 of 57   End
TOPIC: Need a geek