Navy labeling : Swingers Discussion 2111611021
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumNavy labeling
TOPIC: Navy labeling
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 22 of 22 
User Details are only visible to members.
Perhaps you have already done this, but if I were you, I would query (google) something like:

navy shipboard designations

to see if you can come up with some documentation as to the terminology that you are looking for. I think that if my suggested search phrase (above) doesn't do it, then, as you explore, you will be able to reduce your search phrases to come up with the navy manuals or data you need.

Personally, I don't think that asking people in a public user forum for this data will give you the accuracy that you say you are looking for. SLO

San Luis Obispo CA
Username hidden
(1209 posts)
User Details are only visible to members.
As some of you know, I am writing a science fiction book and am trying to make it seem as real as possible. Mostly small things that add up.

I have my characters in a ship and I understand most of the labeling which occurs with compartments. Every floor above 1 or main deck is a level 01,02,03,ect. Starbord of the keel is odd, while port is even numbers. Every compartment frame number relates to the first frame of the carpartment. I even understand most desinations like L is for living spaces.

My questions are would the sick bay be an L or Q? Would the hanger/flight decks be C, E, or M? would armories for small arms be M or Q? I am hoping some former navy/marines would be able to answer these questions.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7703 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
Start   21 to 22 of 22 
TOPIC: Navy labeling