Navy labeling : Swingers Discussion 211161
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumNavy labeling
TOPIC: Navy labeling
Created by: Robert_Hil
Original Starting post for this thread:
As some of you know, I am writing a science fiction book and am trying to make it seem as real as possible. Mostly small things that add up.

I have my characters in a ship and I understand most of the labeling which occurs with compartments. Every floor above 1 or main deck is a level 01,02,03,ect. Starbord of the keel is odd, while port is even numbers. Every compartment frame number relates to the first frame of the carpartment. I even understand most desinations like L is for living spaces.

My questions are would the sick bay be an L or Q? Would the hanger/flight decks be C, E, or M? would armories for small arms be M or Q? I am hoping some former navy/marines would be able to answer these questions.

GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 22   End
User Details are only visible to members.
rdy2playwu - I am sure there are several slang terms for it. Probably depends on your division! I know my father had many names for different parts of the boat. I know he did for the people LOL

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(1763 posts)
Thanks.

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7271 posts)
Here you go... now you should have all your answers. :-)

The Hangar deck is labeled the #1 deck of the ship; lower decks are numbered 2,3, etc. downward, while decks above the Hangar deck are numbered O-1, O-2, etc, upward. (The Flight deck is typically deck O-3.)

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(1763 posts)
Flight Deck Galley Deck Hangar Deck

Fantail - the stern area of the main deck (the hangar deck on a carrier)

hangar bay, the "carrier's garage."

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(1763 posts)
Just wanted to feel the power between my legs!!!

It doesn't have a designation.. it's the flight deck.. Deck and whatever other slang you find.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(1763 posts)
Slim Pickens riding the nuke all the way to the target. LMAO

Dr. Strange Love?

Saint Louis MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
"But I can tell you if you want the section on a B-52 that carries the NUKEs."

Does the thought of Frank being anywhere around NUKEs send chills up anyone else's spine? And why am I having visions of Slim Pickens riding to Armageddon waving a Twinkie in one hand and a Coors Light in the other?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10769 posts)
Thanks, most of my unanswered questions now have answers to them... Still looking for the hanger bay letter designation... Because the hanger stores the aircraft, I am thinking that it could be considered storage?

Hazle Township PA
Username hidden
(7271 posts)
Navy BMR Study Guide should familiarize you with a lot of things.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(1763 posts)
The answer is "L" Berthing and messing spaces; staterooms; washrooms; heads; brig; sick bay; and passageways

A- Stowage spaces Store and issue rooms; refrigerated compartments AA- Cargo holds Cargo holds and cargo refrigerated compartments C- Control centers for ship and fire-control operations (normally manned) CIC; plotting rooms; communications centers; pilothouse; electronic equipment operating spaces; IC rooms E- Engineering control centers (normally manned) Main machinery spaces; evaporator rooms; steering gear rooms; pump rooms; auxiliary machinery spaces; emergency generator rooms F- Oil stowage compartments (for ship use) Fuel- , diesel- , and lubricating-oil compartments FF- Oil stowage compartments (cargo)Compartments carrying various types of oil as cargo G- Gasoline stowage compartments (ship use) Gasoline tanks, cofferdams, trunks, and pump rooms GG- Gasoline stowage compartments (cargo) Spaces for carrying gasoline as cargo J- JP-5 fuel (ship use) Jet fuel stowage spaces JJ- JP-5 fuel (cargo) Spaces for carrying JP-5 fuel as cargo K- Chemicals and dangerous materials (other than oil and gasoline) Chemicals, semisafe materials, and dangerous materials carried as cargo or for ship’s use L- Living spaces Berthing and messing spaces; staterooms; washrooms; heads; brig; sick bay; and passageways M- Ammunition spaces Magazines; handling rooms; turrets; gun mounts; shell rooms; ready service rooms Q- Miscellaneous spaces not covered by other letters Laundry; galley; pantries; wiring trunks; unmanned engineering; electrical and electronic spaces; shops; offices T- Vertical access trunks Escape trunks V- Voids Cofferdam spaces (other than gasoline); void wing compartments W- Water stowage spaces Drainage tanks; freshwater tanks; reserve feedwater tanks

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(1763 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3
 1 to 10 of 22   End
TOPIC: Navy labeling