Name Change : Swingers Discussion 42343101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumName Change
TOPIC: Name Change
Created by: CountryKitten The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
User Details are only visible to members.
It is exactly as someone wrote below. When "they" decided "they" had enough lifetime members to handle the things like approve profiles/pictures it was decided that any new members from that time on would not get those privileges. It has something to do with the code. Essentially it was very easy to make it that every lifetime member before a certain date was given certain privileges and those after did not. The webmaster mentioned it would be too cumbersome or take too much server space or something like that to allocate them to each member individually. He also mentioned when you change names it automatically resets your membership date to when the new name was created. So the software, or whatever, doesn't recognize you as a member that previously had some other privileges. I hope that is clearer than it seems....lol.

Sugar Land TX

Username hidden
(771 posts)
I agree Poly. We don't have these privileges. And you and I are on here a ton and would be good people to use. We have friends who do have these privileges and they work on cruise ships and away from the site for weeks and sometimes months at a time. Go figure but maybe that's why I requested a thread to be reviewed and hours later heard nothing and ultimately we all just self policed and removed our own posts.

Saint Augustine FL

Username hidden
(12558 posts)
There was a thread started in this in the site support section (can't remember which forum it was). What webby had state=d was that they were going back through and not all new or old members (lifetime that is) were going to be able to retain the same privileges as before. They are looking at (so I understood in the way they responded but don't quote me on it) hiring some people full time to start going through the profiles and pictures in the future. Whether the privilege would be completely removed is not known to me at all. Only webby and tech can answer that. Zo

Fort Worth TX

Username hidden
(1223 posts)
I'm hoping I can help answer some questions for you guys. We have been members since 5/14/04. When we first became members, we did it on a three month basis. At one point, I don't remember exactly when, Webby made the offer for people with paid memberships to become lifetime members by just paying the difference owed between the lifetime membership fee of $99 and what you already paid for the monthy(s) membership. I think at that time, the decision was made to enlist the help of lifetime members in keeping the site running quick by having them approve profiles, pictures, and by giving them the ability to "boot" unwanted people/behavior from chat. I believe this ability was only given up until the "special membership price" was in effect. So, for people who are changing names, that does actually mean you are cancelling one account and starting a new one. I'm sure there are some features that are more easily transferrable, but if the ability that was given lifetime members up to a certain point is no longer offered, it may be harder to transfer. I can understand the frustration this may cause people who enjoyed approving profiles and the such. But, if webbie thinks it's too time consuming to "transfer" these abilities, I would have to understand he has other priorities on his list, which I'm greatful for.

Hope this helps.

Lora

Pittston Township PA

Username hidden
(1142 posts)
You both should write to the webby or tech support on this.

Mike

Bedford PA

Username hidden
(5527 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 5 of 5 
TOPIC: Name Change