Mixed Metaphors and Idiotic Idioms : Swingers Discussion 196587
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumMixed Metaphors and Idiotic Idioms
TOPIC: Mixed Metaphors and Idiotic Idioms
Created by: Fun_Ahoy
Original Starting post for this thread:
By popular request across the board, let's try this again. Share whatever malaprop or interesting word you have heard. The best ones are those you heard from someone else off site. If you must share one you've read here, please don't attribute it by name.  Let's start by rebuilding the list of the better ones from my previous attempt at this.  I'm not going to re-type the story behind this one, other than to say it supposedly was spoken by a judge chastising a persistent attorney: "Counsel, you're barking up a dead horse." Someone else contributed something about "Finding a diamond in a haystack."  Ready, set, geaux. 
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
 1 to 10 of 55   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Forumnication....a cheap meaningless affair conducted strictly in the forums

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL

Username hidden
(5102 posts)
I was conducting a HAZOP some years ago (and that's not the malapropism...!), when one of the team members said to me very earnestly, Wow, now you're really opening a worm a cans....

OMG, the whole team was rolling on the floor with laughter forever after that one, and it was used to break the tension/tedium/boredom of those particular HAZOP sessions for weeks after.

Gibsonia PA

Username hidden
(6730 posts)
Denial and Error "Ricky: I try to be a role model for kids around the park. If some kid wants to grow dope, they can come talk to me, instead of growing dope 6 or 7 times through denial and error, they're going to get it right the first time and have some good dope. " from the Trailer Park Boys

Anniston AL

Username hidden
(5102 posts)
Many people say "I can care less" well than frankly I wish you would . I'm not an English major and I couldn't care less but do find it amusing.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL

Username hidden
(5102 posts)
"emergancy personal"

A Craigslist ad posted when things get really desperate.

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10340 posts)
A friend of mine once commented that someone thought Micronesia was a disease of some kind.

My reply was: "That's when you forget the little things". She thought it was the wittiest thing ever.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17525 posts)
"I'm not into search and rescue operations."

Comment by a funny chick about the horror of fucking any dood with a tiny flaccid penis obscured by his beer gut. Technically, not a mixed metaphor or idiom, but whatev.

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10340 posts)
My memory of the pre-Madonna thing was sparked by a comment in another thread about how things were done centuries ago. You know, back in the mid-evil era.

Belle Chasse LA

Username hidden
(10340 posts)
Our local newspaper recently reported that a new condo project in town was going to feature "Chip and Dale" style railings. This was all I could think of after I got done peeing my pants:

"You choose the railings" "Oh no you" "Oh no you" "Oh my no no no" "Oh, but I must insist" "Oh if you insist, how lovely"

Ocean City NJ

Username hidden
(4892 posts)
I always had a thing for Cyndi Lauper.

Madonna seems too snooty

Burlingham NY

Username hidden
(9618 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6
 1 to 10 of 55   End
TOPIC: Mixed Metaphors and Idiotic Idioms