Mardi Gras : Swingers Discussion 214331
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumMardi Gras
TOPIC: Mardi Gras
Created by: toptim100
Original Starting post for this thread:
I was asked by a person who will go unnamed if I was going to Mardi Gras in New Orleans this year. My travel plans are rather unpredictable but I might be able to swing it if I knew there would be a few others from the fora there as well. Mardi Gras is on Tuesday, February 12th this year.

So, who will be in New Orleans for Mardi Gras this year?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 33   End
User Details are only visible to members.
You're right, Outdoors. The whole city, and surrounding suburbs, shut down Mardi Gras Day. There's something to suit everyone's fancy. The 'burbs are great for families, as is the uptown/St. Charles area. The closer you get to downtown, the bigger the party, with the center being Bourbon Street. We actually prefer the weekend prior to Mardi Gras Day. We'll be right in the center of all the action too! Sure to have some memorable stories! I highly recommend it to anyone that's never experienced it! Laissez les bon tempes roulez!!!!

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3011 posts)
I didn't mean to demean the New Orleans Mardi Gras experience. If you have a comfortable place to stay, and a way to get around town, it's probably awesome.

The hard drinkers gravitate to the French Quarter, which is, as I recall, about 6 blocks by 12 blocks. Even there, away from Bourbon St., it's less crazy.

The good thing about getting crazy with a million crazy people is that even after 30-some years, you suddenly remember stuff you haven't thought about for decades.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Maybe another time. NO is fun year round!!!

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3011 posts)
would love to make it for the first time....but work is crazy. however we are dying to go to nola. we think we can have a crazy f.... time!!

Jamaica NY
Username hidden
(882 posts)
Mardi Gras definitely can be kid friendly! It's so much fun watching things through their eyes. But....changing the topic to the adult friendly version, we received an email today from a couple coming in for Mardi Gras from Texas. They're coming with 3 - 4 other couples & have a block of rooms reserved. They're wanting to meet some NO lifestylers. I've only exchanged a few emails so far, but they seem very friendly...sexy profile pics too! So, if you'll be in NO & are looking for a hotel party, email me!!!

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3011 posts)
She has a set of women's small Browning shooting earmuffs. They make all the difference in the world. You can't do much about the crowd though, but where I take them, as I said,its mostly families.

The look I see in her eyes when she's up on that ladder, catching stuffed animals and beads is priceless. That's why I continue to tell my friends with kids that they need to get here and experience it with their kids.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(8565 posts)
I think my son would like the parade but probably wouldn't be able to stay, for the whole parade.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17950 posts)
I saw that you'd posted that in the past. Wasn't sure about the crowds.

My daughter has Downs. She can handle the crowds, but she has very narrow ear canals and has had three surgeries for tube placement. So, it's the noise that gets her...but she LOVES the parades and makes out like a fat cat with throws.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(8565 posts)
BT,

My son is autistic and would not be able to handle all the people and the noise, for very long.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17950 posts)
Picture a drunken party. Picture it with a million drunks. That's Mardi Gras. (1975 veteran here)

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4
 1 to 10 of 33   End
TOPIC: Mardi Gras