Man arrested for abusing free sample trays : Swingers Discussion 220447101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumMan arrested for abusing free sample trays
TOPIC: Man arrested for abusing free sample trays
Created by: Nkenswing
Original Starting post for this thread:
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I thought free was free.nsa

Kingston TN

Username hidden
(1991 posts)
"I don't think that is the case. If you are seen putting stuff in your pockets in a store, I think security is going to confront well before you try to leave the store. "

Not true. Having worked LP in department stores before, I can say that this is absolutely false. Under no circumstances could we ever engage a suspected shoplifter before he/she stepped outside of the store. Shoppers can come up with a million excuses as to why they put something in their pocket.....they don't have a cart or a shopping bag, they didn't even realize they put it in their pocket, etc, etc. Even if we witnessed someone tearing an item from the package and putting it in their pocket, we still had to wait until they leave the store because it isn't stealing until they actually leave without paying.

If you could be stopped for shoplifting for doing that, then I'd have been picked up over 100 times by now because almost every time I go to the grocery store or Wal Mart, I stop by the reefers near checkout and grab something to drink while I shop and usually by the time I hit the register, they're ringing up an empty bottle.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3167 posts)
"Even though it is free samples, it is still property of the store."

This, I do agree with....to a point. But it could easily be argued that since they were giving the samples away, it was no longer the store's property once he took possession of them.

But even if it is still considered property of the store while in his bag, it's not shoplifting until you exit the building.

"Aren't you one of the more liberal minded people here? This guy was taking more than his fair share. He was being greedy. :)"

I prefer to think of myself as one of the more common sense minded people here. I don't care if my opinion falls left or right of center, so long as I think it makes the most sense.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3167 posts)
"Where is FJ? He knows about this kind of stuff."

Is that like the Bat signal? I put it here so it won't become political...

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(2640 posts)
Which reminds me- a 23 YO man was killed on his motorcycle here a little over a week ago.

The guy was doing 100mph in a 40. The police tried to pull him over, he ran, speeding up to 130mph, and finally TeeBoned an Rav4 when he ran a red light. The driver of the Rav4 had minor injuries.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
"Even if you look at it this way, it's not theft until he attempts to leave the store."

I don't think that is the case. If you are seen putting stuff in your pockets in a store, I think security is going to confront well before you try to leave the store.

Where is FJ? He knows about this kind of stuff.

Moron Buenos Aires Argentina

Username hidden
(433 posts)
"There is no charge to walk into a grocery store, nor is there even a purchase requirement in order to partake in the free samples. Apples and oranges, imo."

I respectfully disagree. There is no charge for the samples and no requirement to purchase, but I think that any rational individual would understand that they are small samples to be consumed in the store and not to be loaded into your pockets and taken home in bulk. Even though it is free samples, it is still property of the store.

Aren't you one of the more liberal minded people here? This guy was taking more than his fair share. He was being greedy. :)

Moron Buenos Aires Argentina

Username hidden
(433 posts)
The incident happened 3 years ago. It's in the news now because he's filing a lawsuit against the store and the security guard's employer.

The charges of shoplifting were dropped. Although- it took 3(?) deputies to subdue him, after the security guard had him pinned down, and a witness who videotaped the incident had his camera confiscated. The witness was charged with some misdemeanor, and when he got his camera back, the video was erased.

All over how much would be considered a reasonable sample...?

Maybe the security guard got a "bonus" for each shoplifter he caught, so it escalated...?

The "sholpifter" should have cooperated and not struggled or tried to flee.

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
""Wonder what his arrest will cost the tax payers?"

Less the providing kosher food for Jewish inmates. :-)

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
"You can go to a buffet and eat all you want while in the restaurant, but you can't load up your pockets and jacket with food and walk out of the restaurant. It's basically the same thing. "

I don't see it that way. When you go into a buffet, you pay a fee and there are terms and conditions that come with that transaction, most notably that all food must be consumed on the premises.

There is no charge to walk into a grocery store, nor is there even a purchase requirement in order to partake in the free samples. Apples and oranges, imo.

"I imagine there is also more to this story. He probably was confronted and other issues arose."

This is possible, if not probable, since the media is usually pretty consistant about leaving out important details.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3167 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
TOPIC: Man arrested for abusing free sample trays