Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum MP3 sites
TOPIC: MP3 sites
Created by: PolyGrl The original post for this thread was deleted.
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
User Details are only visible to members.
That's what I meant Bucks, www dot newshosting dot com ten gigs a month for ten bucks, no pun intended, <weg>

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
mIRC is another "oldie but goody" resource to score music. With the advent of all th P2P apps, the RIAA seems to have overlook this <g>

-m

Holiday FL
Username hidden
(132 posts)
Poly There is such a thing as music e-mailing lists on the web. We belong to two that are closed to new members right now. We put a request in and within the hour we have the music in our email. We have a choice of wav or mp3, singles or full cd's. Some senders even send a jpeg of the jacket cover. Next time I get a e-mailer listing some of the open lists I will drop you a note, if you like. Some require you to share a certain number of songs yourself, but the ones we are on there is no "send" requirement. I love this way of getting the music. No trouble in the three years we belong to them. Good quality music, no viruses, no one threating a lawsuit, lol. Someone was also talking about "Jukebox"? As in Musicmatch Jukebox? If so, we use it and love it. Any questions, just ask. Mrs.

Honolulu HI
Username hidden
(1488 posts)
Does anyone still use usenet (news groups)? A wealth of MP3 and more to be found. Comcast cable service uses giganews, you are limited to 1 gig/month unless you subscribe to giganews for more. It is much faster than any of the file sharing programs. You also need a news reader better than MS outlook express to tag and reassemble the binary files. I use Xnews, but there are others for free download.

Ask your service provider if they have a news server. That was the internet before it went mainstream.

Pierson FL
Username hidden
(288 posts)
Oh ok - thats inherent to all file sharing programs not just Bearshare. But thanks for sharing - copyright infringment is a concern (and rightfully so) - but I'll leave that topic for some one else to discuss.

On another note (for everyone) - you can also go to the washingtonpost dot com slash mp3 site and download fully legal MP3 music (some from major bands) - but its great source for indy and up and coming bands. Almost all genres have something there. Its a rather large library of mp3s.

Zig - who recommends the Uppity Blues Women from Washingtonpost mp3 site

Frederick MD
Username hidden
(166 posts)
Cop[yright infringment trouble. That can be avoided if you disable sharin.

Mike

Bedford PA
Username hidden
(5527 posts)
NMSweetHearts:

Smart move! You're one of the few people I've run into who uses this approach (I'm still partial to VMware tho, as you can use it in a *nix environment)

Lemme know if you want a Virtual PC image of a hybrid OS we developed (based on 9x) that only requires about 115MB of real estate on your disk & runs at >97% efficiency. No IE, MDAC, DX, vbscript, etc. It's pretty good for the types of stuff most people do online without the added risk of being a virus/malware magnet. The only 'downside' we've run into is that you cannot install any apps that require IE (McAfee AV, for example) because shdocvw.dll, wininet.dll, and everything remotely associated with Internet Explorer has been meticulously weeded out of this build.

-m

Holiday FL
Username hidden
(132 posts)
Jawwge - ok the curousity is killing me - what 'kind' of troubles are you talking about with Bearshare?

Both of us have been running it for over 3 years with no major issues and thats across quite a few different machines during that time. (ymmv)

Granted - most programs like this are prone to spyware/adware etc and there are almost no programs that work 100% of the time for 100% of the people.

Im just curious in general with your comment. :-)

Zig (trying to think of something witty while scratching my head on this)

Frederick MD
Username hidden
(166 posts)
Yes the answer is yes there is a program (sssshhhhh i didn't tell you) he. he. its called shareaza just got to download dot com and download it . Make sure you download it with no extras.. jade

Mellette SD
Username hidden
(11 posts)
NMSweetHearts:

We tested eXeem a few months ago during some beta trials & found that it had no fewer than 2 separate instances of spyware that load up when you install eXeem.

Don't know if they've cleaned it up as of late, but if you're running this I'd recommend at least 2 different spyware apps be used to sweep your machine (make sure you have the latest sigs for all spy/malware scanners, too, since the developers of these types of apps are getting even sneakier)

-m

Holiday FL
Username hidden
(132 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 16   End
TOPIC: MP3 sites