Life sentences for repeat DWI offenders: Does it work : Swingers Discussion 212737
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumLife sentences for repeat DWI offenders: Does it work
TOPIC: Life sentences for repeat DWI offenders: Does it work
Created by: sa_interracialcpl
Original Starting post for this thread:
Local headlines of repeat DWI offenders receiving life sentences has brought new focus on punishments for drivers who break the law by continuing to drink and then get behind the wheel. Just days ago a Seguin (TX) man was sentenced to life in prison after his eighth DWI conviction. A San Marcos man also received a life sentence after his fifth DWI conviction. “We’re talking about felony DWI offenders who are not involved in serious injuries, who are not involved in death cases, so they are not violent criminals. A well known DWI attorney in San Antonio feels sending repeat DWI felony offenders to a life sentence is a waste of taxpayer money and treatment is a better answer.

What say you?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 1 to 10 of 89   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Waste of taxpayer money to give a life sentence to 5th time DWI repeater? Yes it is- provided the 5th time is absolutely proven, they should be executed, quickly.

My mom was murdered by one in 1986 at the age of 42. It was three days after my wedding and she was driving my baby sister to the U.S. Navy recruiting station. Needless to say my baby sister never got to serve in the U.S. Navy either.

Some will say my opinion is bias because of my experience. You shouldn't have to experience what we did just to make the point.

Bensalem PA
Username hidden
(1187 posts)
Had a pretty nice response typed up for this earlier today. Got called away from my desk before I could finish and by the time I returned I had been logged out due to inactivity. But the gist of my comment was that I feel that anyone convicted of DUI (especially multiple offenders) should be put in a glorified half-way house. It's prison with guards and fences and shit, but you can still have a job and earn some time off to spend with family for good behavior. This type of treatment is given to a lot of small time first offenders (for various offenses, not just DUI) and I think it could be an excellent means of punishment without tossing them into gen pop at Club Fed with rapists and murderers.

So yeah, I probably won't go through the hassle of rewriting it, but trust me, it was awesome.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3203 posts)
Jinx- I don't disagree with you, yet I do regarding the dallas Player. I feel that everyone should pay for thier choices and decisions, and this persons choices affected the lives of another family. Do I feel a life sentence would be over the top I am not so sure, I do feel that this person should never be allowed to drive again, EVER.

I am not opposed to a lengthy sentence, or in lieu of that I feel he should be forced to continue his carreer in order to support the victims family for life, with strict restrictions .

There are times I feel prison is too easy an escape for some crimes.

Burlingham NY
Username hidden
(9692 posts)
Just from a few days ago....

An Auburn (California, near Sacramento) woman was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving twice in one day, according to the Placer County Sheriff's Department.

Her arrests came just more than 22 hours apart, The Auburn Journal reports.

Police first took 29 year old Jessica Marie Bernardo to the Placer County Jail after an arrest about 1:15 a.m. Friday. She was released hours later, and rebooked around 12:10 a.m. Saturday -- not the same calendar day, but the same 24-hour period.

She faces two charges of drunken driving with .08 percent or higher blood-alcohol content, along with two counts of driving under the influence of alcohol and/or drugs, and one charge of resisting/obstructing an officer, The Journal said.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19801 posts)
They are repeating offenders. I think its about time. And, I have two in my family that have had one DWI each. If they go to jail its no one but thier own decisions and if they know what they are doing and taking a possibility of having happen they deserve it.

Spring TX
Username hidden
(2216 posts)
I would certainly be in favor of the Dallas fb player receiving a life sentence for the life he took yesterday. Fucking idiot.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2198 posts)
Peghey, since you were 24 you've had 28 additional years of seeing accidents on the road, bicyclists riding in hazardous places, reading about tragedies and seeing them on TV and online.

If you've had kids, you've also been worried to death about whether that awful knock on the door might come. These memories and thoughts only accumulate over time.

So yeah, it may be just your age. Or maybe your area has gotten more urbanized without being more bike-friendly.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Whether it is statistically correct or not, I feel much less safe as a cyclist on the road than I ever have before. It could also be a function of age.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5296 posts)
"There's so many variables that come into play as to why the roads are more dangerous now than 20 or 40 years ago."

I'll stop you right there. Your premise is 100% false and easily disproven.

w ww.census.g ov/compendia/statab/2012/tables/12s1103.pdf

By any and all measures, we have fewer accidents and fatalities than we had 20 years ago.

By all measures: absolute, per # of miles driven, per # of drivers, per # of vehicles, per # of population.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19801 posts)
Well, one cannot accuse tiggr of being indirect, can they?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19801 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
 1 to 10 of 89   End
TOPIC: Life sentences for repeat DWI offenders: Does it work