Ladies love guys who love themselves — at least at first, study suggests : Swingers Discussion 221597
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumLadies love guys who love themselves — at least at first, study suggests
TOPIC: Ladies love guys who love themselves — at least at first, study suggests
Created by: Nkenswing
Original Starting post for this thread:
Guys, if you want to pick up women, it helps to be a narcissist.

Women find such men more attractive as sexual partners, according to a recent study in the Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin. In the study, Michael Dufner of Humboldt University in Berlin and colleagues set out to test whether narcissistic individuals — those who have traits such as an “unrealistically positive self-view, a strong self-focus, feelings of entitlement, and a lack of regard for others” — were appealing as short-term romantic or sexual partners. Researchers also wanted to see whether physical attractiveness and high social boldness — traits linked to narcissism — contributed to mate appeal. For the study, Dufner and his colleagues relied on ratings of members of the opposite sex, ratings of friends and records of courtship outcomes.

Researchers then recruited 61 heterosexual men and sent them out into the streets of a large German city to pick up 25 women they would “genuinely like to get to know better” and get their contact information. Their findings: “The higher participants’ narcissism, the more personal contacts they received from unacquainted women and the more appealing they were rated by these women.” “It was interesting to see that these effects were not due to self-esteem,” Dufner said. “It was really narcissism that was attractive.”

While narcissists might get more phone numbers, previous research has shown that they tend to be less successful at long-term relationships, said Susan Krauss Whitbourne, a psychology professor at the University of Massachusetts Amherst who wrote about Dufner’s study in her blog on Psychology Today. “Because their long-term prospects in relationships tend not to be very good, narcissists become the masters of the good first impression,” she writes. “They know how to manipulate their own self-presentation so that they seem desirable and attractive.” In other words, “these are the people who are OK on one date, if that,” Whitbourne said.

So ladies and gents, do you agree with this study?

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 1 to 10 of 75   End
User Details are only visible to members.
heehee! I cannot help myself, I adore guys that have that little swagger to them. Esp. guys that have wit and throw it right back at me. I knew my bff and I would be long time friends when I said something to him and he went bap! Right back at me. I was like oh no he didn't! Oh, yes he did!!! lol

Username hidden
(23995 posts)
OK, since those type things didn't even cross my mind when I said that, let me make a partial retraction. There's nothing wrong with a penis pump, if that's your bag, baby {cue Austin Powers voice}

And, your blowup love doll is safe, too, cpl....they're too fun to have around.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10703 posts)
I'm trying to figure out a way to tell my love doll. Can you tell her for me? I'd really hate to burst her bubble.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
"I hate inflation in all it's forms!"

Dammit; one brand new penis pump, wasted.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
I appreciate men that are confident and love themselves, it's when theyset themselves too far above others that I draw the line. I hate inflation in all it's forms!

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10703 posts)
I love myself at least thrice daily.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
I wouldn't spend a minute with a guy who doesn't love himself.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16460 posts)
I think this study is spot on

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(2626 posts)
I disagree with this study. I'm pretty fucking awesome and I'm also great at long term relationships. I should know. I've been in several.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3199 posts)
Confidence is what one thinks of himself, arrogance is what one thinks of others.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5464 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 1 to 10 of 75   End
TOPIC: Ladies love guys who love themselves — at least at first, study suggests