Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum La Futura
TOPIC: La Futura
Created by: goodkindofcrazy
Original Starting post for this thread:
...I have seen it, and it is good. :)

Released yesterday, the first new (full length) album in 9 years from "That Little Old Band from Texas" kicks much ass. The Kings of Cool have done it again.

The sound is thick, dirty and rough. The writing and playing are impeccable, as always. The feel is rockin' and heavy and paradoxically both smoothly produced and yet raw and real. It's right in line with Rhythmeen, XXX, and Mescalero.

The one I got from Best Buy claimed to have 2 bonus tracks, 12 total (not sure if other places have less). The only bad thing is that it is just in a cardboard sleeve, not a jewel case. But Billy said they wanted to return to their early stuff, but without losing their current sound (which is how they got the title), and might be the reason for the 'case' (more similar to a record sleeve).

4 of the tracks were on a small release called Texicali, and are on YouTube, including several great European performances of the opening track, "I Gotsta Get Paid". And a _great_ Jeremiah Weed commercial featuring them and it. Just seeing that played live is all it ought to take to sell the whole CD.

Billy's voice sounds gravelly and rough, you can just imagine it being aged in fine whiskey, tequila and cigars. Dusty still has his trademark higher, smoother sound that cuts through and grabs your attention.

Frank is just a machine, pounding it out. The bottom-end is really up in this mix. Subs are definitely recommended. You will just want to crank it and be kicked in the back by it.

Speaking of which, Billy's (guitar) tone is just awesome. Rough and fat. It's just plain dirty (like naughty). Dusty brings it to life with an edge of dark menace in many tracks, filling in the feel like few can.

I've yet to be able to experience them in person. :( I really hope they come around on this one. (a perfect concert would be if they brought Seasick Steve [who I just discovered this week] on tour with them, but I figure that to be unlikely)

If you like rockin' blues, grab this. Or at least hit YouTube and check out Gotsta Get Paid live, and Consumption, Chartreuse and Flyin' High.

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
User Details are only visible to members.
Hey Kat, nice to see you too. :)

I've been a long time fan as well. While I discovered them on MTV, I've delved deep into the archives and like basically everything they've done and all of their sound evolution. I tend to buck the trend in most things actually. lol My favorite albums from them are Deguello and Rhythmeen. I think that still holds true, but La Futura is solid and really a run for the money. But, they are all solid, honestly.

Today I was cruising around in the T/A a bit with the sub pounding this CD. Probably did my hearing no bit of good, but it was nice anyway. Only thing better would have been if I'd had time to pull the t-tops out for the drive. :)

Milf, let us know what you think when you grab it. :)

Derrick

Aston PA
Username hidden
(368 posts)
I can't wait to hear this!

Redford MI
Username hidden
(303 posts)
...I have seen it, and it is good. :)

Released yesterday, the first new (full length) album in 9 years from "That Little Old Band from Texas" kicks much ass. The Kings of Cool have done it again.

The sound is thick, dirty and rough. The writing and playing are impeccable, as always. The feel is rockin' and heavy and paradoxically both smoothly produced and yet raw and real. It's right in line with Rhythmeen, XXX, and Mescalero.

The one I got from Best Buy claimed to have 2 bonus tracks, 12 total (not sure if other places have less). The only bad thing is that it is just in a cardboard sleeve, not a jewel case. But Billy said they wanted to return to their early stuff, but without losing their current sound (which is how they got the title), and might be the reason for the 'case' (more similar to a record sleeve).

4 of the tracks were on a small release called Texicali, and are on YouTube, including several great European performances of the opening track, "I Gotsta Get Paid". And a _great_ Jeremiah Weed commercial featuring them and it. Just seeing that played live is all it ought to take to sell the whole CD.

Billy's voice sounds gravelly and rough, you can just imagine it being aged in fine whiskey, tequila and cigars. Dusty still has his trademark higher, smoother sound that cuts through and grabs your attention.

Frank is just a machine, pounding it out. The bottom-end is really up in this mix. Subs are definitely recommended. You will just want to crank it and be kicked in the back by it.

Speaking of which, Billy's (guitar) tone is just awesome. Rough and fat. It's just plain dirty (like naughty). Dusty brings it to life with an edge of dark menace in many tracks, filling in the feel like few can.

I've yet to be able to experience them in person. :( I really hope they come around on this one. (a perfect concert would be if they brought Seasick Steve [who I just discovered this week] on tour with them, but I figure that to be unlikely)

If you like rockin' blues, grab this. Or at least hit YouTube and check out Gotsta Get Paid live, and Consumption, Chartreuse and Flyin' High.

Aston PA
Username hidden
(368 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 3 of 3 
TOPIC: La Futura