Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just Wondering
GoTo Page: Less ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... More 
Start   991 to 1000 of 2057   End
User Details are only visible to members.
JW:

How come these bizarre "Duck Dynasty" guys have such smokin' hot wives and daughters?

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20531 posts)
"JW - Is it true that Washington DC Officials denied a no stop permit to the Bikers who are coming through on 9/11 to pay their respects to the fallen? But they apparently approved one for the American Muslim Political Action Committee aka Million Muslim March?"

The bikers were denied a no-stop permit. This is true. The bikers will still ride and will be required to obey all traffic laws, including stopping for red lights, stop signs, and yielding to pedestrians.

The "Million Muslim March" has been renamed to the Million Americans Against Fear March. Take that with a grain of salt I guess. I don't put much stock into the name change. But I also don't care if it's 1 Million Muslims or 1 Million whatever.

I haven't seen any articles that quoted city officials with a reason for denying the bikers, but I'll just take a stab in the dark here as to why the no-stop permit was denied and the other was approved.

The MAMAF plans to organize at the National Mall, the Capitol Building, and the White House, so I don't know how much of their rally will flow into the streets and disrupt traffic. The streets of downtown DC are a disaster during the day with heavy vehicle and pedestrian traffic. Shutting down city streets and blocking certain intersections for 2 or 3 hours so that 2 mil bikers can ride through would be chaos. And even if the MAMAF rally will flow into the streets, then it would be a nightmare to authorize a 2nd group to also take over the streets.

Permits are likely granted on a first come, first serve basis. Perhaps the MAMAF got their application in first.

1 event is a political rally, the other is basically a 9/11 memorial. The city already has events planned for 9/11 remembrance so it could simply be a matter of not wanting to cause additional disruptions for something that they've already planned for themselves.

More importantly, the MAMAF is a PAC. The bikers, to my knowledge, are not. So 1 group had the financial clout and political backing to buy a permit and the other group didn't. I'm sure that all of the reasons I gave are valid and probably played a small part in the decision, but this seems to be the most logical.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
JW - Is it true that Washington DC Officials denied a no stop permit to the Bikers who are coming through on 9/11 to pay their respects to the fallen? But they apparently approved one for the American Muslim Political Action Committee aka Million Muslim March?

Anchorage AK
Username hidden
(1033 posts)
JW is it hypocritical for a closeted bi dwed to refer to a straight hot dewd as homo?

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17250 posts)
"JW:

When's the last time you heard the term "Information Superhighway"?"

Nov 23, 1998 @ 3:27:06pm to be exact.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3207 posts)
JW- if they are ever going to fix the picture uploader?

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17877 posts)
As of now, now, since you just used it.

Moron Buenos Aires Argentina
Username hidden
(467 posts)
JW:

When's the last time you heard the term "Information Superhighway"?

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20531 posts)
JW:

Since my armchair count of stories about pedophile schoolteachers seem to outnumber pedophile clergy at least 30:1, I'm wondering when the media will get on a warpath about it like it did the church, when the public will condemn education en masse as a den of pedophilia, etc.

I'm waiting.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20531 posts)
PG, 'cause you're cute

Brick NJ
Username hidden
(1459 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 ... More 
Start   991 to 1000 of 2057   End
TOPIC: Just Wondering