Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just Wondering
GoTo Page: Less ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... More 
Start   981 to 990 of 2036   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"You talking about the "value" tat? Hilarious."

I saw that on my FB wall as well. I know some Chinese and once saw someone with the symbol for "water" tattooed on their arm. I guess it is an accurate label. We are mostly water.

Moron Buenos Aires Argentina
Username hidden
(467 posts)
JW:

Do journalists need to be educated on what the word "orgy" means? Come to one of our parties they are considerably more scandalous than 5 naked dancing women. ----- Police in Michigan have broken up a shocking 'drug-fueled orgy' being hosted at a secretive Masonic Lodge - and this wasn't the first time it's happened, authorities warn.

Officers were called to the prominent building in downtown Battle Creek, Michigan - which sits across a park from police headquarters - about 2.15am Sunday. They found five women dancing on stage naked.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20274 posts)
Yep that's the one.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20274 posts)
You talking about the "value" tat? Hilarious.

T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
Q:

Since Americans tattoo random Asian words on themselves, do Asian people tattoo random English words on themselves?

A:

Yes, or so says George Takei.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20274 posts)
Because I live in a hurricane area, I keep a landlines for "just in case" and at least one corded phone in case electric is out and phone isn't. I'm just neurotic like that.

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10727 posts)
Isn't it funny how we all jump on something? Anyway...here is our phone usage saga too: We keep a land line mostly for talking with my father in his assisted living facility, as we both can get on the phone, or with Mr S's brother and partner, etc. We have unlimited long distance, yes. We also keep the land line b/c that is the number we give out to service people, to any type of thing we might enter, as in a drawing, or other thing where someone may call. We keep the land line b/c it is where we can most effectively screen calls we don't want to answer, even if they are sometimes just confirmation calls for dental appointments, etc. All our junk calls go to the landline. I don't like the "clutter" on my cell phone, so the "home" phone number is one I will give out if I give out anything. For stores where the cashier asks for my phone number, I just simply say, "I don't give out my phone number."

We rarely, if ever, pick up the phone. And with our cell phones, if I don't know the number, or if you don't identify yourself in a text, I will not answer. Or if you are my asshole brother calling

Ok. What use is an 800 number? When it comes up on the TV screen that an 800 number is calling, we know we don't have to get up off the couch, because we will not be answering that one. As far as using 800 numbers, sometimes I guess we have to, such as calling the number on the back of a card, but usually we do all that online. When making plane reservations, we either do that online or call the airline number. Same for hotels. I'd rather talk directly to a person from the hotel desk, than have my call routed to the "headquarters." I tend to get discounts by going through the direct number of the hotel itself at its location.

So, who knows anymore why we really "need" 800 numbers, if only to identify them as businesses, telemarketers, and companies who route their inquiries through an 800 system.

Gina

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(7532 posts)
Our landline does not have unlimited long distance. In fact, we have an additional per call long distance charge for every call made to a number outside of the 3 area codes for the Mpls. area. Then they add the charge for the call's duration.

A bare bones service because we seldom use the line, but use the number when one is needed for CC applications, CC activation, bank accounts, mortgages, utilities, etc. If we need to call them, we use their 800 number.

The vast majority of the calls we get on it are from solicitors. Very few personal calls are made to or from it. Keeps the telemarketers off our cell phones.

Once in awhile cell phone service goes down, then we have the landline as a backup.

Not to mention it's a good way to find a cell phone when you can't remember where you put it. Yeah, I do that- usually falls behind the seat in one of the vehicles...

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
My bride responded, but never answer the question, though her responses are valid, Vabeachcouple33.

I deal with toll free numbers and call centers every day. They exist and will continue to exist indefinitely. There are several reasons for the need for toll free numbers. The most important is to run a cost effective operation. The existence of toll free operations enables businesses to employ people all over the globe, in countries where menial labor is, in simple English cheaper. The American customer dialing into their customer service shouldn't be burdened with long distance charges because I outsourced my operations.

Joe calls the toll free number on the back of his card and gets re-routed to call center in a country where I have hundreds of operators working for a fraction of what it would cost me in the US. Joe really doesn't need to know where he's calling, all that Joe needs is to resolve his issue.

The type of a number is of no importance, it can be an 800, an 866, a 757 as you pointed out, or any other combination. I hope that it clarifies what my wife attempted to explain but apparently didn't get her point across in a clear manner.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(17093 posts)
"What do cell phones have to do with anything?"

Uh, because you asked why toll free numbers still existed. Many people in Ruraltown, USA still keep a basic landline (with no long distance) when they live in areas that have little/no cell phone coverage.

My mom is a perfect example of this. She has a local land line and a cell phone. There's no cell service in her house (it picks up about a mile down the road) so the only way to reach her is to call her land line when she's home. She doesn't make long distance calls from her house.

My dad is the same actually. He lives in NC in a mountain valley. You have to drive a good 10 miles to get signal. He also keeps a land line for incoming calls and to make local outgoing calls.

Both of them keep a calling card handy incase they need to make a long distance call from home. They recharge their cards by calling the 800 number on the back of it.

And I know almost no one who has a land line with unlimited long distance. In fact, the only people I know who even have a land line are people who live in areas that get poor cell signal. But none of them have unlimited long distance.

But this has inspired a JW on my part.

JW: Who pays for unlimited long distance through their phone/cable provider? T

Danville PA
Username hidden
(3205 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 ... More 
Start   981 to 990 of 2036   End
TOPIC: Just Wondering