Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just_Wondering
« Prev  1 ...  5.1  6.1  7.1  8.1  9.1  10.1  11.1  12.1  13.1  14.1  ... 323  Next »
92 to 101 of 3229
User Details are only visible to members.
JW: Why is it that if I post (on Facebook) anything about the upcoming election, economics, history, etc - nobody notices....

...but if I post a pic of my cat, I get 25 likes?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23721 posts)
I'm surprised too, Mrs. Scandle. For all the hullabaloo the ban received in the first place, the repeal was very quiet.

At least, I think so. I dunno. I do try to keep up - but I missed that one.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23721 posts)
lol back when I was 17 my mom grabbed the salt shaker out of my hand while I was coating my steak with it and told me I was going to get high blood pressure. I grabbed it back and told her when it got to normal I'd worry about it. At the time it was generally 80/40. My dad admitted I had a point. Its still below normal.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(20793 posts)
VA, you surprised me with that one.

A quick search will give you a NYT article from 6/26/14 about the state's supreme court rejecting the ban.

You're right about who the mayor was that initiated the ban. Bloomberg, not de Blasio.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(10766 posts)
re: the salt thing...

A great article from a few years back. If you want to read REAL science, intended for the more general public but written by scientists instead of hysterical idiot journalists, Scientific American is #1.

w ww.scientificamerican.c om/article/its-time-to-end-the-war-on-salt/

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23721 posts)
JW if we'll be reading about assaultshake bans soon.

Not to be confused with a salt shake ban already in effect by cardiologists.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5343 posts)
Bloomberg was mayor when that came into effect.

I never heard about the courts overturning it.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23721 posts)
Just Wondering - you New Yorkers will know this one. Since Mayor de Blasio tried to outlaw super-sized soft drinks a few years ago, only to have the law struck down in 2013, how is he feeling about the new giant milkshakes being offered in NYC?

https: //gma. yahoo. com/giant-milkshakes-drawing-huge-crowds-york-city-190245654--abc-news-topstories.html

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(10766 posts)
Its in the mail ,along with the check

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(4523 posts)
when my bj certificate from Ronkonkoma will arrive

Rockport MA
Username hidden
(11222 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  5.1  6.1  7.1  8.1  9.1  10.1  11.1  12.1  13.1  14.1  ... 323  Next »
92 to 101 of 3229
TOPIC: Just Wondering

This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy