Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just_Wondering
« Prev  1 ...  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  ... 373  Next »
801 to 810 of 3729
User Details are only visible to members.
KJ: i have stayed at BnB's--of the 3-5 star variety, and those have all been great experiences. except for sharing a bathroom with strangers, (not all BnB's do that) a BnB is very similar to a hotel except for the more homey, breakfast with a group of fellow travelers, type of vibe.

i've also spoken to folks who've used Airbnb very successfully. my instinct would be to research, and request plenty of references/recommendations. if there were enough positive reviews and references, i might just go for it.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(12684 posts)
Thanks everyone, I've never even stayed at a B&B. I've been bunking with friends while traveling for so long I'd all but forgotten what hotels could cost. Your thoughts are all valid, hadn't even considered the fire safety issues (silly me).

Back to the drawing board.

Clemmons NC
Username hidden
(3450 posts)
i've heard pros and cons on Airbnb. read an article in the NYT about someone who was held and accosted by Airbnb host overseas---a bizarre and unique case, but cause for pause.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(12684 posts)
Amazin,

Glad to see I'm not the only one troubled by Airbnb. As a business owner the whole concept of Airbnb (and Uber too) frankly pisses me off. These business models directly capitalize the margin between what it costs to run a lawful business in highly regulated industries, and pure laissez faire scofflaw capitalism. Licensing, safety inspection costs, basic safety equipment, fire exits, signage, sprinklers, proper alarms etc., all cost significant money. Airbnb doesn't even observe basic zoning laws which separate commercial from residential zones or require conditional use permits for rentals in residential areas. You can rest assured that someone who can't obtain a legal business license due to a non conforming location won't be able to obtain basic liability insurance to cover guests either.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1124 posts)
@Amazing: I prefer the safety of a hotel for all the reasons you've stated. It's not worth the risk for a single female traveler and there are lots of deals on hotels right now.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7424 posts)
Kell, I'm not familiar with Baubax, but I do dress in a sports coat when I travel. I typically wear it with jeans and a cotton/linen or silk shirt. Take it off while flying and store it overhead or when lucky enough to upgrade, on a hanger. I'll have to check that out. Check out opinions on-line and pull the trigger if you think it sounds good. My experience with clothing geared for the traveler is that while it doesn't wrinkle, it almost never looks crisp and professional, if that makes sense?

As for AirBnB, I haven't ever used it, but have friends who do when traveling. They've mostly had positive experiences, but I don't think the average traveler isn't putting enough thought into their personal safety, security of their possessions, and the things taken for granted, like fire safety, when they book accommodations through AirBnB. I think the first time a tragedy befalls an AirBnB customer, people will see the shortcomings of trying to save a few bucks and this non-regulated industry will face the spotlight.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(325 posts)
Has anyone used Airbnb and if so what are your thoughts.

Thanks BTL & Inez on coat.

Clemmons NC
Username hidden
(3450 posts)
@KellyJean: That would be a great gift for anyone. I don't own one but they look so nice. I have a Burberry jacket that is similar but get no use for it down here in Florida.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7424 posts)
Kelly my husband always wears his blazer ,lots of pockets and it looks a little dresser,goes with slacks or jeans How old is your brother ,I think it more for a young man Ok take care honey

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(8149 posts)
Any of you road warriors own a Baubax travel jacket? Thinking it would make a great gift for my brother.

Clemmons NC
Username hidden
(3450 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  76  77  78  79  80  81  82  83  84  85  ... 373  Next »
801 to 810 of 3729
TOPIC: Just Wondering
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.