Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just_Wondering
« Prev  1 ...  3.1  4.1  5.1  6.1  7.1  8.1  9.1  10.1  11.1  12.1  ... 434  Next »
72 to 81 of 4333
User Details are only visible to members.
I took typing in middle school on a manual typewriter.

I don't type very fast, but don'e have to look at the keyboard when I do so.

My main problem is that I get muscle memory and so type words or letters from just using them so much.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(20832 posts)
@Annie.... Funny thing...I failed typing in HS too. I did eventually learn my own style that works quite well. Now I can sure tear up a 10key though.

Dalton GA
Username hidden
(673 posts)
heck I don't even think typing is an elective here anymore, unless you are going for a college and career ready pathway of business. I took it back in high school, didn't use it much until I started doing more on computers about 18 years ago. Luckily my fingers still remembered "home" and where all the letters etc are. I just find it odd with all that the kids are expected to do on the computers they don't teach that. They teach how to use power point in Kindergarten but not how to type lol.

NJ our schools haven't taught cursive in quite a while. My older girl taught herself how. Younger? She can sign her name in cursive, that is about it.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21639 posts)
@PG,

I love the idea of driving you crazy with two fingers, but that wasn't exactly what I had in mind.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1463 posts)
I failed typing.

And I really wish I was kidding but I'm not.

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(1629 posts)
JW when they took out cursive? lil darlin learned cursive. and practices, too.

i took a semester of typing in H.S.

wasn't till i started working that i became very proficient at it. i think you either "got it" or not when it comes to typing, although i could be wrong.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(14860 posts)
I'm guessing you know my status, right?

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(3370 posts)
it drives me crazy watching people type with two fingers instead of 10 on the keyboard. And they are amazed I don't have to look at my keyboard to type and am way more accurate then they are. I'm not saying they need to have a years worth of lessons on it. But a couple of weeks of basic would be nice. I mean they took out cursive so they should be able to fit in a typing tutorial or two.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21639 posts)
I'd like to know how well people who are taught to type type vs those who just figured it out themselves.

I (and most people I grew up with) never went through a typing class. Yet I can type.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26422 posts)
Why do bagels have holes?

Woodville TX
Username hidden
(522 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  3.1  4.1  5.1  6.1  7.1  8.1  9.1  10.1  11.1  12.1  ... 434  Next »
72 to 81 of 4333
TOPIC: Just Wondering
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.