Just Wondering : Swingers Discussion 21215410631
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumJust Wondering
TOPIC: Just Wondering
GoTo Page: Less ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... More 
Start   631 to 640 of 1673   End
User Details are only visible to members.
**Just because you're talking to someone in Hyderabad doesn't mean you called there. **

Of course it does. You might have not called directly, but indeed you are talking to someone sitting in a call center in Secunderabad ;).

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16497 posts)
Let's simplify this.

Toll free numbers still exist because not everyone has a cell phone or lives in an area that has cell phone coverage.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3172 posts)
Just because you're talking to someone in Hyderabad doesn't mean you called there. You call a US-based 1-800 number and it's routed overseas. 1-800 numbers are all based in the US/Canada/Caribbean. The 1-XXX-XXX-XXXX format is only in North America. A 1-757 number can just as easily be routed overseas as a 1-800 number.

Also, just because something is a 1-800 number doesn't mean it's toll free from anywhere. Some 1-800 numbers are toll free just in the US, or Canada, or US and Canada, or anywhere in the NANP area.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17672 posts)
Unlimited long distance to other states, and sometimes Canada. But never overseas. Overseas as in, Israel, England, Russia other countries, you always have to pay.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16497 posts)
I have no idea what you're trying to say. I know that if you call overseas, whether via cell or landline, you have to pay long distance charges. Majority of the 800 numbers are somewhere in Bangalore and Mumbai.

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16497 posts)
I wasn't talking about cell vs land lines. We have always had a land line and have had unlimited domestic long distance as long as we've lived in this country. It's been standard wherever we've been.

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17672 posts)
"What's the point of "Toll Free" numbers anymore? Don't most people have unlimited long distance within the US?"

There's still a portion of the population who don't have cell phones and rely on good old fashioned land lines. Not to mention that cell coverage is still spotty in many places (no signal is able to penetrate my house and signal on the property is iffy at best) so a land line is still essential.

Also, what Sed said.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3172 posts)
Not all toll free numbers are in the US :)

Colts Neck NJ

Username hidden
(16497 posts)
JW:

What's the point of "Toll Free" numbers anymore? Don't most people have unlimited long distance within the US?

Chesapeake VA

Username hidden
(17672 posts)
JW if there will be some "stoner" adds for Doritos, pizzas, sticks of butter, etc. in the states that recently legalized marijuana.

"Dude, you got peanut butter on my pizza rolls..."

Brooklyn Park MN

Username hidden
(3843 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... More 
Start   631 to 640 of 1673   End
TOPIC: Just Wondering