Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just_Wondering
« Prev  1 ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  ... 489  Next »
621 to 630 of 4889
User Details are only visible to members.
The AC/DC Hokey Pokey is definitely what it's all about

Woodville TX
Username hidden
(680 posts)
Teaching is about giving the kids the knowledge to feed and house themselves after school. The three Rs history and geography. Then those that wish to advance to the level of a life of learning can go onto the STEM classes.

But not knowing how to do basic math or read or write when they graduate high school should be a felony.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(6995 posts)
Yes....It is. AC/DC Style too.

Couldn't post link..... search youtube AC/DC Hokey Pokey Jim Breuer

Dalton GA
Username hidden
(1287 posts)
JW: is the hokey pokey really what it's all about?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28754 posts)
I am lucky to work with and have worked with some of the brightest young adults out there. I can assure you the schools and parents are doing the right things to get them there. What they are going to achieve over the next twenty years is mind blowing.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(8702 posts)
As a retired teacher and military guy, I can tell you that it gets harder to teach our young students. By the time a new piece of tech is introduced and teachers are proficient the kids are way ahead of us. I was asked once in a national meeting what the purpose of education was. My response was simple. We need to teach the kids in the value of learning as a life long process and most importantly to think and investigate the the truth. If we could get that through to them I truly believe we would be on the right path.

Cedar Rapids IA
Username hidden
(20 posts)
Schools need to teach how to write code for computers much more then typing. These kids coming out of high school and college have no useful knowledge of anything for employers who are looking to hire them.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(6995 posts)
I never took typing. Got pretty fast using six finger hunt-n-peck. Tried a self paced typing course. Not only did it slow my typing, I have consistently transposed letters ever since.

Woodville TX
Username hidden
(680 posts)
I took typing in middle school on a manual typewriter.

I don't type very fast, but don'e have to look at the keyboard when I do so.

My main problem is that I get muscle memory and so type words or letters from just using them so much.

San Diego CA
Username hidden
(22615 posts)
@Annie.... Funny thing...I failed typing in HS too. I did eventually learn my own style that works quite well. Now I can sure tear up a 10key though.

Dalton GA
Username hidden
(1287 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  58  59  60  61  62  63  64  65  66  67  ... 489  Next »
621 to 630 of 4889
TOPIC: Just Wondering
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.