Just Wondering : Swingers Discussion 21215410541
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumJust Wondering
TOPIC: Just Wondering
GoTo Page: Less ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... More 
Start   541 to 550 of 1651   End
User Details are only visible to members.
From the couple episodes I watched, they do seem like a bunch of good ol boys who'd probably be fun to have a beer with. So I'll give them that as an advantage over a lot of other shows in which the people are generally insufferable assholes.

I guess my biggest complaint about this particular show is that it doesn't seem to be exceptionally focused on the family business and spends a lot more time showcasing their ability to just be kind of goofy. Not that I think the duck calling manufacturing business would make for exceptionally exciting tv, but the few episodes I saw didn't really give me a look into what that world might be like.

The only reality-type shows I'll ever sit through are shows like Pawn Stars (their pawn shop sucks, btw) or whatever the hell that show is with the 2 dudes who drive around the country in a van buying crap from people's barns and garages. But that's just because they get some really cool shit on those shows and I like learning about some of the things you see. I could do without all the corny fluff skits they do to fill out the rest of the show.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3162 posts)
Maybe the best way to sum up the Robertsons is this..

They didn't always have millions of dollars..and they've managed not to forget it so far.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Of course it not ALL real. It's TV.

They really are rednecks, and if you were one you'd know that how much money they have has nothing to do with it. They hunt, they fish, they have beliefs they're proud of, and they rarely mix words.

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
Exactly Shelly. These people are very genuine. That is what is setting their show apart from all the others. Of course there is some faked stunts and drama. There has to be, to some point.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX

Username hidden
(17554 posts)
Well of course not everything is true. Everyone already knows Si's stories are full of shit but that's what makes them so good!

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX

Username hidden
(17554 posts)
I've never seen the show, but my grown kids love the show and watch it with my 3 year old grandkids and even took the grandkids to a local Bass-Pro shop when the stars were there for a promotion. My son told me that even though the appearance was supposed to be over with at a certain time, the stars stayed over until all the fans that had stood in line to meet them had gotten a hand-shake, autograph or whatever they had come for.

No matter if they are redneck, family oriented, Christian or whatever the show appeals to...they were NOTarrogant assholes toward their fans, like some of the other so called reality stars you find on the TV who are usually portrayed as drunks, addicts, cheaters, stupid or just not very nice people in general that you would NOT want to take your family to meet in public.

Just my $.02.

Shelly

Memphis TN

Username hidden
(2750 posts)
No, that's not what I said.

"Not sure if any of the backstories you mentioned are manufactured or not, but I'd be willing to bet that some of that stuff is made up, or at the very least greatly exaggerated."

What that means is I don't know if the examples you cited are true or false, but that there are definitely elements of the show that aren't real or genuine.

Maybe the Vietnam coffee cup story is true. I don't know, don't really care, and I'm not disputing it. But even if true with no exaggeration, that doesn't mean that everything else depicted on that show is absolute truth.

T

Danville PA

Username hidden
(3162 posts)
All I have to say is

Happy, Happy, Happy!

Pittsburgh PA

Username hidden
(16572 posts)
@Carrie, I hope you would hire a couple of maids to supervise in keeping a house that size clean. I haven't seen show so I don't know exactly how big the house is....but if they are millionaires, I guess its big.

Shelly

Memphis TN

Username hidden
(2750 posts)
I told you some history of a couple of the people and you claimed they were either made up or exaggerated. Do you have proof of this?

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX

Username hidden
(17554 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... More 
Start   541 to 550 of 1651   End
TOPIC: Just Wondering