Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just Wondering
GoTo Page: Less ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... More 
Start   331 to 340 of 2851   End
User Details are only visible to members.
@rabbit; I don't care! I am good.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(5100 posts)
VA - I agree. I meet many people that claim they are vegetarian though they eat fish. That is not vegetarian, it's Pescetarian.

BLT -I went to the website and this is what is says about fish

"The answer is in the translation of the Cannon Law. The Catholic Church’s official language is Latin. In the Cannon it states that we must abstain from “carne”. If you have ever been to a Mexican restaurant you know that a Carne Asada is steak. In Latin the word “Carne” refers to a warm-blooded animal that walks the Earth. Fish does not meet either requirement."

The only problem is they are crap at translation (and the Mexican restaurant reference is perplexing)

Spanish translation of Carne = Meat

Latin translation of Carne = Flesh (no specification of warm blooded and land dwelling)

The church is AGAIN making things up in hope that people will blindly accept...which is fine if that is what someone like my mom chooses BUT, as a thinker and questioner it's not enough for me so once again I am left with no answer.

Glad you and Jesus are buds though! Not dissing that at all.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(1737 posts)
ROFLMAO @ VA.

"vegetarians" who don't eat fish aren't vegetarians. they're pescetarians.

i'm so in agreement on the folks who say stuff like that. next time just roll your eyes and say in a sartorial tone: "but no biff and missy, you're not vegetarians, you're *pescetarians*--you really do need to update your cards!"

as for me i don't subscribe to any particular organized religion. religion is man made. i subscribe to a set of spiritual goals instead.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(5857 posts)
I consider myself an opertunitarian: I prefer a vegetarian/pescatarian diet at home, but if I am out at a restaurant, or if someone else is preparing, I will eat some chicken and red meat. perhaps lazyfuckingtarian is a better name for it.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5618 posts)
@VA: That is some funny shit!

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(5100 posts)
Well, for devout Catholics the Bible draws a distinction (without explanation, I think).

However, I cannot stand "vegetarians" who devour seafood of all kinds. They even say "I don't eat meat" while scarfing down shrimp and crab-stuffed halibut. If it's not meat, what is it? Swimming tofu?

As for the "there are different types of vegetarians" I say bullshit. You can say you don't eat red meat/pork/whatever - fine - but you aren't a vegetarian. I'll make an exception for accidental insects that find their way into things.

I'm a non-camelopardist vegetarian. I will anything but giraffes.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22176 posts)
@rabbit: Your post is hilarious in a good way. I hear your concerns. I am a mutt. I've been just about religious persuasion there is. In the end, I love Jesus! He is my example which is why he HAD to come and enter into His passion of dying on the cross. There was no one who could fulfill that obligation. I don't want to get into a religiosity thang either so one has to seek for thyself. That's how I feel.

As to why, according to the Catholic Church, why fish is not considered meat, please see: whycatholicsdothat dot com. It gives an explanation.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(5100 posts)
Trooper is Catholic, me....well I'm exploring other Italian roots.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(19790 posts)
That's why I went from a cafeteria catholic to a roaming catholic.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(10004 posts)
being "too much of a thinker", a.k.a. using your brain as opposed to following with blind faith seems to be a common thread among those who struggle with the idea of contemporary, organized religion. ;)

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(6121 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... More 
Start   331 to 340 of 2851   End
TOPIC: Just Wondering