Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just Wondering
GoTo Page: Less ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... More 
Start   321 to 330 of 2869   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"JW if Rabbit started the nearly identical thread on Reddit? "

Nope, not me. I'm not on Reddit

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(1989 posts)
@ current: well we blame y'all for so much else... ;)

and i'm well aware my opinions/beliefs are controversial so...this is about as much as i ever say on the subject of religion.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(6397 posts)
Psalm 141:3

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(5228 posts)
"religion (no matter which variety) is man made."

Sure NJ, blame it on us men! ;)

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(428 posts)
I'll probably have to delete that last post at some point. I'm reminded of a friends mother who once told me that any conversation about religion or politics was banned from her dinner table. Wise woman.

JW if Rabbit started the nearly identical thread on Reddit?

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(428 posts)
@ current: hence my comment that religion (no matter which variety) is man made.

no offense meant to anyone else's beliefs; all religious works were written by human beings.

and as we all know, interpretation (and the infinite varieties thereof) wreaks havoc with messages of any kind.

JMHO, YMMV.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(6397 posts)
BLT - I cannot agree to ignore you if that is what you are saying and I would not expect you to ignore me or tell you to "keep my name out of your mouth". If that's what I wanted I would have blocked you BUT I do believe that everyone has the right to freedom of speach and I tend not to censor it through blocking. If I say something you feel you want to challenge I welcome it...on the forums where others can participate if they like.

I have no hostility towards you at all and bear no ill will though you seem to think I do BUT I have my doubts that you have that same attitude towards me and that's okay. You can think I'm a bitch and a demon if you like. I live my life in the best, most gentle manner I can. Others' opinions of me matter little.

Peace and Happy Easter to you and yours.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(1989 posts)
Seriously though, JW why so any people take the Bible to be "the word of God" when obviously it is the work of people as evidenced by its frequent wholesale revision. If you doubt that for a minute, take a look at the relatively sanitized but still pretty friggin strange (sorry Christian Brothers and Sisters) way that Revelations is written in almost any current version of the bible. Then the next time you're in a really old hotel, pull out the Gideon's version in the bed side table and look at the bat shit crazy version of Revelations in there. I cite this example because Revelations was supposed, in Christian tradition, to have been "written" by Saint John the Divine after a long fast in a cave on a Greek island. Based on the Gideon's version he seems to have broken that fast by eating some magic mushrooms. For me, Revelations has never fit in, tone wise, with the rest of the New testament. My point is that, as far as I'm aware, the only thing in the Bible even purportedly written directly by God was the ten commandments, and those were written in stone. The rest is historical interpretation (ie the gospels according to...) and then tradition, habit, custom, and dogma based on that interpretation.

Happy Easter

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(428 posts)
@rabbit: our exchanges have been a clear example of why the world is so fucked up today. Total misunderstandings and misconceptions perhaps on both our sides. Here's the deal. I extend an olive branch of peace to you and, frankly, I will promise not to direct any posts to you as long as you agree to do the same and the shit stops right here. What say you?

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(5228 posts)
I read about eating fish for lent somewhere but I can't remember where so I can't easily fact check - not that I really have the inclination to do so anyway. The article said that eating fish had nothing to do with a Biblical requirement. It happened during a time of economic crisis for the fishmongers. They wanted to help them out, so they made a decree during Lent that people would eat fish rather than red meat on Friday. I read that it worked and saved the fishing industry so to speak.

This didn't make sense to me from a religious viewpoint but speaks to me as a sign of compassion and makes me view the Catholic Church a little more kindly.

Please don't take offense - I would like to be religious at times but like rabbit, I just question too much. If the Bible would just ask me to give 10%, I'd be golden but all it asks for is faith, the very thing that I am unable to give.

Reno NV
Username hidden
(461 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... More 
Start   321 to 330 of 2869   End
TOPIC: Just Wondering