Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just_Wondering
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 477  Next »
32 to 41 of 4763
User Details are only visible to members.
Lol

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(2347 posts)
Let's ban rinks in the south!

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28392 posts)
I read once that Texas has the most ice rinks in the country and that AZ has many as well. To me hockey in the states that don't have a 'traditional' winter shouldn't have rinks or hockey.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(2347 posts)
I am so disconnected from pro sports that I didn't even know Nashville had a team.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28392 posts)
VA,

Like apparently Fokkers, it just strikes me as weird. As does the fact that Nashville had a team in the finals and all of my most fanatical hockey fan acquaintances live in Southern California.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1960 posts)
Until late 70's most of the playoff rounds were still best of 5. Then the last rounds went to best of 7. 86-87 Division rounds went to best of 7. NOW...ALL rounds are best of 7. Finals have always been best of 7

Dalton GA
Username hidden
(1148 posts)
I've only vaguely paid attention to that. I remember as a kid the MLB season overlapping only briefly with the end of the NHL season. I always seemed to remember it ending around May 1. But maybe I'm wrong. Time to snoop around....

- The 2013 Stanley Cup final didn't even START until June 12 and didn't finish until June 24. They've been ending in June for at least 20 years. Even in 1995 it ran from June 17-24. The last time one ended in May was in 1991.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(28392 posts)
I have always thought that as well.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(2347 posts)
Just back from catching up on the drama in the sports thread and JW why in hell the Stanley cup isn't decided until one week before the summer solstice?

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1960 posts)
tbr, you are right. Thanks!

Thornton CO
Username hidden
(4041 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 477  Next »
32 to 41 of 4763
TOPIC: Just Wondering
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.