Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just_Wondering
« Prev  1 ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ... 446  Next »
311 to 320 of 4456
User Details are only visible to members.
SLS makes its money by promoting events, not off of the forums. Thats where they concentrate their efforts and dollars.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(3846 posts)
JW

Why does SLS now bleep out the word "email" in an email?

We noticed that a couple had written to us twice over two years but they never showed up in our inbox until we clicked on their profile. Uh - ok. So we replied with a note (because they are interesting) apologizing for the long delay but stating that SLS for some reason didn't deliver the emails until just now.

But SLS then bleeped out the word "emails" and it came across as "*****s".

I wish they'd pay more attention to fixing long broken site problems and less to hyperprotective efforts to prevent members from having open conversations....

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26833 posts)
Welll hey i can talk about that orgy last weekend..but computers are interesting as well.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(3846 posts)
Lady, for you, I'd change the batteries in that beast. I'd love to turn on my WebCum and let you have a lick....errr....look. Whatevs...

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12537 posts)
I wandered in, thinking this was the Just Wandering thread.

I was intrigued; Reading about secret cameras being turned on and Trojans being implanted. Then, I realized what they were talking about.

Imagine my disappointment.

BT - Wandering out.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12537 posts)
BT: does your remote work?

~lady~

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(3632 posts)
On our main business computer we do all kinds of things to make sure that no one can turn it on and steal our busienses data. Va is correct a virus has to be implanted into the computer, and your computer can be turned on remotely by this virus and your camera can be activated. One of the things that we have found that works to stop this is to put a external drive where you would put in a thumb drive that backs up your computer. Leave that drive in and the computer will recognize that drive not your main hard drive if its turned on. Making your computer camera useless.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(3846 posts)
As usual there is a tiny amount of truth to what is otherwise bunk. Nobody can turn your computer ON remotely, but it can have a trojan implanted in it which allows remote control of it, including the webcam (and including shutting the flashing light off so you don't know it's on). In order for it to be operated remotely it needs to be powered on and internet connected.

I imagine it's possible for the trojan to program a computer to power itself on at some future time, but I don't know that.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26833 posts)
"From what I know about it..."

Now that's some funny shit right there...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21102 posts)
"From what i know about it i think your computer has to be plugged into the wall."

Exactly! The alien nano-bots that live in your walls have to have a conduit straight to your computer in order to spy on you and transmit the information back to their home planet.

~S~ (As in Scamp, as in NOT rabbit)

Although she thinks you're an idiot too

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(5009 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  34  35  36  ... 446  Next »
311 to 320 of 4456
TOPIC: Just Wondering
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.