Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just_Wondering
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 463  Next »
31 to 40 of 4626
User Details are only visible to members.
This came up long ago. I remember finding it surprising that some members here had traveled cross-country to meet people from the fora, and some people found my surprise-iness to be surprising.

For the most part, this was the realm of singles. I can see why. If I were single, might I consider traveling to go meet a new playbuddy (presuming I was pretty sure it would work, at least for a while?). Maybe. But I'm not going to leave my wife behind to do it.

We've met some people from the fora, and always enjoyed meeting them, but we've never traveled somewhere *just* to meet them (or had them travel here). The few times it's been proposed, we've balked at it, because we see that as pretty high expectations and we don't want a situation....

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27682 posts)
Also, JW why anyone might take someone up on such an offer.

Tallahassee FL
Username hidden
(1042 posts)
JW why anyone would offer to fly or drive hundreds of miles to meet someone based on a profile and two emails...

Tallahassee FL
Username hidden
(1042 posts)
Oregon has that silly law that you can not pump your own gas. Gas is so cheap in Oregon compared to California because of the massive taxes on gas by California.

Las Vegas NV
Username hidden
(4839 posts)
...they sure do

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(7517 posts)
It's less because of transportation costs from refinery to stations. Jersey after all does have a ton of refinerys.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1912 posts)
It's wonderful not to have to pump your own gas....AND it's less than almost anywhere else I've been.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(7517 posts)
i don't have the option of waiting till i'm outta joisey to get gas. heh.

when i am at a station that doesn't require the attendant to swipe a magnetic card first, i'll get out and get the thang started rather than wait on the rude/arrogant nasties. they seem shocked when someone is actually capable of DIY.

duuuuuudes....i'm a native new yorker....i can dooooo it!

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(16005 posts)
Most folks in jersey like not having to pump, i on the other hand look forward to other states where I can pump my own. Then again I did spend my days of when I was in technical school working at a corner garage that had pumps and I had to dispense the fuel when customer's showed up.

Little Egg Harbor NJ
Username hidden
(1912 posts)
"Stopped to get gas"

Why do you think I learned YEARS ago to make sure i always had enough gas to make it clear through Joisey before entering?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(27682 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 463  Next »
31 to 40 of 4626
TOPIC: Just Wondering
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.