Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just Wondering
GoTo Page: Less ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... More 
Start   281 to 290 of 2676   End
User Details are only visible to members.
JW if that was a new years resolution, and if it was, how long it will last.

otherwise, whatever. que sera, sera.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(5204 posts)
I dunno Smooth...interested to find out.

But I'm more interested in the second cumming.

~rabbit

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(1483 posts)
JW: a familiar face has been missing since the first of the year. are we in for another easter sunday resurrection?

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(5983 posts)
Kate has taken this to the extreme. If there's wood around, damned if she isn't determined to touch it.

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(5983 posts)
For those that may have been wondering. The reason it's bad luck to walk under a ladder is, according to legend, the doorway to hell is a triangle. When you walk through a triangle -- such as a ladder makes when set up--you risk your soul getting trapped in hell and basically damning yourself without even doing anything wrong.

Knock on wood originated from "touch wood". Churches all use to have a piece of wood that they claimed was from the original cross Jesus was crucified on. To ward off the devil and evil you could touch the wood and receive instant blessings. It eventually mutated to being able to touch, and eventually knock on, any wood.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(1483 posts)
I also believe there's no such thing as coincidence.

Dayton OH
Username hidden
(164 posts)
rabbit, I don't know those two, but I know some of the others. There are many of those.

Dayton OH
Username hidden
(164 posts)
Scamp, you know BT and I have your back. We'll keep the girls more than occupied while you boys have your beat down. What are friends for?? HP

Username hidden
(14 posts)
First off, I do not believe in "luck". "Luck" is the chance outcome of circumstances and adjustments to those circumstances define how "lucky" you are.

Walking under a ladder is, I imagine, simply dangerous. People drop things from ladders. The clearance is small. One can easily bump the ladder and knock the person off.

It's like saying it's bad luck to play in traffic. Bad "luck" isn't really the right word.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(21974 posts)
I mentioned in the quirks thread that I won't walk under ladders. Now, I know the reason why walking ladders is considered a bad idea as I'm fascinated with superstitions and urban legends and have studied and researched them for years.

I'm wondering if anyone else knows why? Looking it up is cheating so just place your best guess but please, no cheating.

Knocking on wood was also mentioned by VA and Fun (I do it too) Feel free to guess why people knock on wood as well.

I'll happily give the legend origins once we have a few guesses or a winner.

Virtual blow job or back rub to the winner (except for our resident troll 'cause that's NEVER gonna happen)

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(1483 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... More 
Start   281 to 290 of 2676   End
TOPIC: Just Wondering