Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just_Wondering
« Prev  1 ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ... 413  Next »
271 to 280 of 4126
User Details are only visible to members.
Annie, I make homemade cranberry sauce, use the canned whole berries, and put a serving dish with the sludgy log variety in the table. So, that's why I use raisins...or currants. Soaking them in the Bourbon before adding them to the stuffing makes them a little less sweet too.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12215 posts)
My mom always made stuffing - a new fancy "delicious" recipe every year. I learned to never touch the stuff.

Then I went to my future in-laws. They didn't even have turkey, just dressing with chicken in it and impossibly rich sides. What was I going to do? Nothing looked edible. The dressing (cornbread - no white bread allowed) and the sides turned out to be delicious. I just roll my way out of there each year.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(958 posts)
*THREAD

I'm going to leave the bad autocorrect because I think it's a tad apropos given the recent discussion.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26048 posts)
"THIS isn't the blow-job thread."

I've made similar mix-ups when it comes to that bread.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26048 posts)
"Technique is everything."

Exactly. I particularly like it when the lady takes her tongue and flicks it along.......... uhhhhhh, wait a minute. THIS isn't the blow-job thread.

On the other hand, I've been complimented on my technique with stuffing, but the crumbs get everywhere and I itch for days.

Waxahachie TX
Username hidden
(642 posts)
Technique is everything.

I've never made such a big batch before, though. For the few dollars it might cost me, I might try a test run a few days in advance to make sure I'm not about to serve up nasty garbage.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26048 posts)
VA,

I made stove top once and it tasted like heavily seasoned ground sponge. Might have been my technique I guess.

I've never had the guts to try to make real stuffing since. Here's the thing though: I've never had to throw any out after the left overs were divided up. Never.

I rest my case in Judge Smooth's court. To wit, stuffing is awesome.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1304 posts)
Awww Annie, that just melts my heart to know you did Thanksgiving for our troops. Thank you my sweet friend! What a treasure you are.

~lady~

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(3017 posts)
BT: add cranberries to your recipe and then you're frying with bacon. It looks all Martha Stewart n shit pretty.

I miss cooking and hosting Thanksgiving for Trey's soldiers. It was a massive amount of work that took strategic planning weeks out but they were always so appreciative and it made me happy not worrying any of them were alone on such a family holiday.

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(1225 posts)
I don't know about anyone else but everything mentioned other than Stove Top sound's like the way to go. YUM!!

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6189 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  23  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  31  32  ... 413  Next »
271 to 280 of 4126
TOPIC: Just Wondering
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.