Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just_Wondering
« Prev  1 ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ... 346  Next »
211 to 220 of 3458
User Details are only visible to members.
Try telling someone on FB that Wikipedia is not a reliable resource for accurate info.

Cocoa Beach FL
Username hidden
(7537 posts)
VA,

It's not journalism. It's the internet.

There's no more downside to poor grammar than there is to lack of factual accuracy. There are whole websites that do nothing more than repeat rumors as fact. Their "sources" are just the sort of sniveling knuckleheads you're talking about.

What's amazing is that, in what's left of the actual media, people are still pilloried for embellishing. Like Brian Williams and his made up helicopter story or Bill O'Reilly and his fake Falklands war memories. Considering this stuff is just personal puffery, and not supposed to be actual reporting, it seems almost quaint.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1022 posts)
Spelling and grammar is over rated.

Cocoa Beach FL
Username hidden
(7537 posts)
What in the name of all that is holy is going on with journalism all of a sudden? I do not refer to biased or "yellow" journalism (which has been going on for much longer) but rather "journalism" that looks like it was written by a 14-year old using autocorrect with no proofreading whatsoever.

I see perfectly serious articles being written with f-bombs (not quotations) and absolutely horrendous grammar, along with typos galore. I am most certainly not the King of the Eruditian Empire but I could wipe the floor with half of them, I am certain.

I can't believe people get to write this utter crap that would have earned me an F in high school English class. If there is any proofreading at all, I imagine it is being conducted during a frat party using an iPhone.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(24778 posts)
LMAO

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1022 posts)
That's BIg BOO-TAY!....BOO-TAAAY!

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(11105 posts)
@BT

"which is a slight contrast from Buckaroo Banzai's theory of No Matter where you go, there you are. "

Easy for you to say John Bigbootie

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1022 posts)
B.T. your way too DEEP for me ,keep it light please , see you off to work I go hihohiho

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(6511 posts)
Jolly joker- we all know you don't function very well without coffee.

OT:

JW- would you like a Red Bull chaser with that coffee?

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
Ms. BigDuke, I think they hooked up in some snort of good guy-gal/Bat Shit Crazy SF poly thing and are living happily ever after at the Neverland Ranch.

Snort, I dunno. I fluked Philosophy 101, but I do remember DeCartes theory of Non-Monogamy; I swing, therefore, I am...which is a slight contrast from Buckaroo Banzai's theory of No Matter where you go, there you are.

JW if BT need more coffee?

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(11105 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  25  26  ... 346  Next »
211 to 220 of 3458
TOPIC: Just Wondering
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.