Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just_Wondering
« Prev  1 ...  15.1  16.1  17.1  18.1  19.1  20.1  21.1  22.1  23.1  24.1  ... 413  Next »
192 to 201 of 4126
User Details are only visible to members.
"I'm with PegHey."

Right now? What are you doing with her. (Please say lesbian stuff).

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13323 posts)
I love it when you talk Politics Fun. I'm with PegHey.

~lady~

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(3019 posts)
Btw, the only reason I post anything here about constitutional issues is because it gets Peghey's dew process going. She loves that nerdy shit, and it gets me into her pants. So there.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13323 posts)
JW why an intelligent guy, who has been around long enough to know that 99% of my posts are drivel, doesn't just skip over them instead of wasting time reading them.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13323 posts)
JW: why I wasted the last 5 minutes of my life reading the back & forth drivel about the electoral college that I presume came about from a topic which should have been posted in the "politics" forum.

Chicago IL
Username hidden
(1853 posts)
I just make that shit up as I go. Seems to be all the rage these days ....

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13323 posts)
Fun, why do you persist with the frolic of facts?

You understand the futility of it, but you persist. Shameful conduct, sir. Factual shit is for....um, well...not for...I mean, ahem...

Damn you Fun! These facts are just frustrating for us idiots, and you damn well know it. Shame on you Fun.

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(3019 posts)
CurrentRider, I just looked it up. Federalist 68, by Hamilton, explaining the reasoning behind the Electoral College. It makes no reference at all to slavery issues, but does tout the benefits that I mentioned, of having a body of electors to discern the qualities of a Presidential aspirant, as opposed to direct popular election.

"It was equally desirable, that the immediate election should be made by men most capable of analyzing the qualities adapted to the station, and acting under circumstances favorable to deliberation, and to a judicious combination of all the reasons and inducements which were proper to govern their choice. A small number of persons, selected by their fellow-citizens from the general mass, will be most likely to possess the information and discernment requisite to such complicated investigations.

"It was also peculiarly desirable to afford as little opportunity as possible to tumult and disorder. This evil was not least to be dreaded in the election of a magistrate, who was to have so important an agency in the administration of the government as the President of the United States. But the precautions which have been so happily concerted in the system under consideration, promise an effectual security against this mischief. The choice of SEVERAL, to form an intermediate body of electors, will be much less apt to convulse the community with any extraordinary or violent movements, than the choice of ONE who was himself to be the final object of the public wishes."

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13323 posts)
"The idea of not trusting the vote count "in that day and age", more bullshit I was taught in school, is equally unconvincing. "

Current, I have no idea what you're talking about. I never said any such thing.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13323 posts)
"But I think the "Men of good judgment" explanation is revisionist bullshit."

You're welcome to think it's bullshit, but it's not revisionist at all. The rationale for the electoral college that I posted, was explicitly the reasoning for it as set forth by the framers. I forget whether it was Madison or Hamilton, but there's a Federalist Paper on the subject that pre-dated the Constitution's ratification. Not exactly "revisionist" if you ask me.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13323 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  15.1  16.1  17.1  18.1  19.1  20.1  21.1  22.1  23.1  24.1  ... 413  Next »
192 to 201 of 4126
TOPIC: Just Wondering
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.