Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just_Wondering
« Prev  1 ...  15.1  16.1  17.1  18.1  19.1  20.1  21.1  22.1  23.1  24.1  ... 448  Next »
192 to 201 of 4475
User Details are only visible to members.
Yes,

There are a lot of examples other than Amber Alerts.

The whole "It bleeds, it leads" mindset of the media fosters the perception that the world is much more dangerous.

While we have historically low levels of crime.

Teenage pregnancy is another one. Again, historically low teen pregnancy rates, but to hear tell, all teens are getting pregnant...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(21129 posts)
JW if Amber Alerts contribute to the misconception that the world is becoming more and more dangerous for our children. (I am not in any way demeaning their value in finding abducted or lost children).

Consider the following:

1. Due to the nature of their broadcast and social media, many of us hear about every stinkin' Amber alert everywhere in North America.

2. The great majority of Amber alerts do not involve anyone menacing or even a dangerous situation. Most of them are cases where a kid isn't where their parents think they are (a friend's house, runaway with a boyfriend, etc).

3. We rarely learn the outcome of Amber alerts. Usually, it's just that the kid "has been found", which might mean they simply came home, or returned their parent's text messages, as opposed to being located by police at a truck stop hundreds of miles from home.

In other words, some little snot in Oregon is mad at her parents, goes to a friend's house, doesn't answer her phone and BAM - Amber alert, the whole world hears about it. 30 years ago we would simply never hear about something like this.

Recently there was one where it turned out that the kid was in her room with headphones in and her parents didn't even know.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26862 posts)
Why are people sharing stories about the generic EpiPen?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26862 posts)
Not me.

JW: Why did it take me so long to block the fora troll?

Lafayette TN
Username hidden
(1898 posts)
JW:

Who exactly DID put the bomp in the bomp sha bomp sha bomp?

and

Who put the ram in the ramalama ding dong?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(26862 posts)
JW: you would love to what?

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12572 posts)
BT I would love to, But BLM Blocked me .I just don't understand Why little sweet Inez . I didn't think I pissed him off and I didn't ever call him a Fatherless Rat . Oh well ,"You cant please everyone ,so you need to please your self " I loved Ricky Nelson .

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(10011 posts)
'Splain it to him, Brother BLM!

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(12572 posts)
...just think cute

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6859 posts)
BT, Crap. I was hoping someone was going to explain 1<3 so I don't look like an extra large moron. Instead you're just gonna run it in.

Ok I give....

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(1594 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  15.1  16.1  17.1  18.1  19.1  20.1  21.1  22.1  23.1  24.1  ... 448  Next »
192 to 201 of 4475
TOPIC: Just Wondering
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.