Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just Wondering
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... More 
Start   131 to 140 of 2672   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Seriously though, JW why so any people take the Bible to be "the word of God" when obviously it is the work of people as evidenced by its frequent wholesale revision. If you doubt that for a minute, take a look at the relatively sanitized but still pretty friggin strange (sorry Christian Brothers and Sisters) way that Revelations is written in almost any current version of the bible. Then the next time you're in a really old hotel, pull out the Gideon's version in the bed side table and look at the bat shit crazy version of Revelations in there. I cite this example because Revelations was supposed, in Christian tradition, to have been "written" by Saint John the Divine after a long fast in a cave on a Greek island. Based on the Gideon's version he seems to have broken that fast by eating some magic mushrooms. For me, Revelations has never fit in, tone wise, with the rest of the New testament. My point is that, as far as I'm aware, the only thing in the Bible even purportedly written directly by God was the ten commandments, and those were written in stone. The rest is historical interpretation (ie the gospels according to...) and then tradition, habit, custom, and dogma based on that interpretation.

Happy Easter

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(301 posts)
@rabbit: our exchanges have been a clear example of why the world is so fucked up today. Total misunderstandings and misconceptions perhaps on both our sides. Here's the deal. I extend an olive branch of peace to you and, frankly, I will promise not to direct any posts to you as long as you agree to do the same and the shit stops right here. What say you?

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(4894 posts)
I read about eating fish for lent somewhere but I can't remember where so I can't easily fact check - not that I really have the inclination to do so anyway. The article said that eating fish had nothing to do with a Biblical requirement. It happened during a time of economic crisis for the fishmongers. They wanted to help them out, so they made a decree during Lent that people would eat fish rather than red meat on Friday. I read that it worked and saved the fishing industry so to speak.

This didn't make sense to me from a religious viewpoint but speaks to me as a sign of compassion and makes me view the Catholic Church a little more kindly.

Please don't take offense - I would like to be religious at times but like rabbit, I just question too much. If the Bible would just ask me to give 10%, I'd be golden but all it asks for is faith, the very thing that I am unable to give.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(377 posts)
I was ruined by a Southern Baptist this morning. JW if I That qualifies as a religious experience?

I did hear someone's lord's name being taken in vein...or maybe it was on vein.

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(9663 posts)
My in-laws are Catholic. (I ruined their dear son in oh, so many wicked ways.) When we can't wiggle out of dining with them on Fridays during Lent, I spend the entire meal dining on my tongue to keep from wondering aloud why it is such a sacrifice for them to choose the butter-drenched Dover sole or some equally decadent fish-based entree.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(4172 posts)
"What have the Romans done for us.......lately?"

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(301 posts)
@ BLT - Questioning a religious teaching is not hostility, it's curiosity. I have had a question since childhood that I never got a reasonable answer to (and still haven't) therefore I have to assume it's another of those "blind faith" things. That's fine for those that want to have blind faith but i do not have that kind of faith, never have and never will. I doubt it has anything to do with my mother being a poor catholic or my sister being the best Christian I've ever seen. I'm very different from them both.

I don't think I have hostility towards you BUT I do think you are hypocritical and that makes me not take you seriously when you talk about religion. I understand that no one is perfect but your rant at me for pointing out that you treated that poor aesthetician shabbily over shoes and your refusal to admit that perhaps you overreacted spoke volumes to me. You have insinuated I'm a bitch and a demon though I have not called you names. I attempted to apologize to you for misleading you and wasting your time, you again ranted. I asked a question about why the church doesn't think fish is meat and you took it as a personal attack on you and your faith.

Some stuff to meditate on OR you can rant at me some more.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(1480 posts)
@finger: Crucify Him/Her!

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(4894 posts)
JW : WWRD

What would the Romans do ?

Username hidden
(4685 posts)
@Pirate: they made that up and it's a lie or do YOU know that for sure?

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(4894 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... More 
Start   131 to 140 of 2672   End
TOPIC: Just Wondering