Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just Wondering
GoTo Page: Less ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... More 
Start   122 to 131 of 2648   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Rabbit,

I'm not religious but I think the abstinence from meat is supposed to be in honor of Christ's sacrifice (a sacrifice because meat is so much tastier than fish).

It boils down to church dogma, not scripture. Similar to celibacy of the priesthood, or prohibition of female priests. Jesus is not supposed to have said anything about either of those topics. Though I also think the acceptability of eating fish as a substitute is related to the biblical references to fishermen and fish as food (offered by Jesus). The same reason that the fish came to symbolize Jesus.

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(296 posts)
"PG, I got your Italian root right HERE. "

more like a tree...but it does make ones religion come out, either calling to God or speaking in tongues ;)

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(19369 posts)
I think it was fill in the blank

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5588 posts)
Gosh darn it! I gotta learn to spend more time here and read more thoroughly!

PG, I got your Italian root right HERE. (Said with a Vinny Barbarino Brooklyn accent)

Ok. Carry on.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(9592 posts)
Va, I'm hoping the missing word in that last sentence of your post was supposed to be eat and not fuck. Not that it's my place to judge.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(9592 posts)
My neighbors are epescepalians. They can breathe on land and in water, eat fish and don't beef about it, but they never kneel in church.

BT

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(9592 posts)
@rabbit; I don't care! I am good.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(4800 posts)
VA - I agree. I meet many people that claim they are vegetarian though they eat fish. That is not vegetarian, it's Pescetarian.

BLT -I went to the website and this is what is says about fish

"The answer is in the translation of the Cannon Law. The Catholic Church’s official language is Latin. In the Cannon it states that we must abstain from “carne”. If you have ever been to a Mexican restaurant you know that a Carne Asada is steak. In Latin the word “Carne” refers to a warm-blooded animal that walks the Earth. Fish does not meet either requirement."

The only problem is they are crap at translation (and the Mexican restaurant reference is perplexing)

Spanish translation of Carne = Meat

Latin translation of Carne = Flesh (no specification of warm blooded and land dwelling)

The church is AGAIN making things up in hope that people will blindly accept...which is fine if that is what someone like my mom chooses BUT, as a thinker and questioner it's not enough for me so once again I am left with no answer.

Glad you and Jesus are buds though! Not dissing that at all.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(1432 posts)
ROFLMAO @ VA.

"vegetarians" who don't eat fish aren't vegetarians. they're pescetarians.

i'm so in agreement on the folks who say stuff like that. next time just roll your eyes and say in a sartorial tone: "but no biff and missy, you're not vegetarians, you're *pescetarians*--you really do need to update your cards!"

as for me i don't subscribe to any particular organized religion. religion is man made. i subscribe to a set of spiritual goals instead.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(5119 posts)
I consider myself an opertunitarian: I prefer a vegetarian/pescatarian diet at home, but if I am out at a restaurant, or if someone else is preparing, I will eat some chicken and red meat. perhaps lazyfuckingtarian is a better name for it.

Ocean City NJ
Username hidden
(5588 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... More 
Start   122 to 131 of 2648   End
TOPIC: Just Wondering