Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just Wondering
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   12 to 21 of 2345   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Well... The first picture definitely looks white and gold to me. The second picture (in the kitchen) and the third not only look blue and black but seem to be a much darker hue. Going back and forth makes no difference to me.

So the question I have that has gone completely unanswered is this: Why does the dress make the woman in the kitchen look 50 pounds heavier than the one in the original picture? Isn't black supposed to be slimming? ;)

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(245 posts)
OK, forwarded the link to Mrs. G. We'll post what we think when she gets a chance to look.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4482 posts)
You need to read this Good. This is not (entirely) an issue with lighting. 10 people gathered around a computer all disagreed about if it was white and gold, or black and blue. We are not talking about green/blue or red/orange. We are talking about white/blue and gold/black.

Irrespective of the reasons why, this is one of the most striking examples of differences in color perception to ever come up.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(21512 posts)
JW if there's an award for the most new topics started. If there is, would someone PLEASE give it to "that guy" over in Politics.

It's getting real annoying.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4482 posts)
Haven't seen the dress and on't care to even look. But...

Having dealt with many architects, I can assure you that lighting makes a huge difference in color perception. Not to mention texture, "lay" of the material, etc., etc.

As someone once said about an architect taking forever to make a color selection: She's trying to pick pepper from fly shit.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(4482 posts)
If you read through the whole article, you'll see a variety of explanations. One that I agree with since I've noticed it IRL is that camera exposure, lighting, etc. make a difference in photo color. I still see the top photo in the article as blue and taupe, but the ones provided by the manufacturer (at the bottom) clearly appear blue and black - to me.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9507 posts)
I've seen many explanations but they seem to conflict with each other a lot. A lot of color vision experts are disagreeing and many are admitting that they just don't know, at least not yet.

In any case I think it's fascinating that this entirely accidental picture is possibly exposing something new.

Mrs. VA at first saw white and gold but now sees blue and black. It's my understanding that once you see blue and black you're stuck there and can't see it as white and gold anymore.

I'm still seeing white and gold and can't see blue and black to save my life. I clearly see it as blue and black in other pictures though.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(21512 posts)
Rabbit, now that's funny! Two great minds and all that.

And Tigg, VERY funny!

Greenville RI
Username hidden
(28 posts)
oops... found my answer. wired. com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/

Greenville RI
Username hidden
(28 posts)
I (rabbit) see blue/black

Scamp sees white/gold

We'll wrestle to figure out who's right...

For those of you wondering why this happens...here is the science behind it ht tp://ww w. wired. com/2015/02/science-one-agrees-color-dress/

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(530 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... More 
Start   12 to 21 of 2345   End
TOPIC: Just Wondering