Just Wondering : Swingers Discussion 21215410117
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumJust Wondering
TOPIC: Just Wondering
GoTo Page: Less ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... More 
Start   117 to 126 of 2018   End
User Details are only visible to members.
it's an odd dichotomy that says we're going to close school today so we can have parent teacher conferences yet we're not going to provide childcare… And of course all you working parents you can take a day off for this, and you can take a day off for all of the important events in your child's school year, and so on and so forth…

JW if I have any allergy meds left the office because I forgot them again

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(2829 posts)
our school seems to want to do parent teacher conferences and the like during what would be regular school hours on in service days. Everything else seems to start at 5 or 6.

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(17840 posts)
My kids' school plans everything during the dinner hours.

Visalia CA
Username hidden
(140 posts)
We wonder the same thing.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17343 posts)
JW if school administrators will ever become considerate of working parents & stop scheduling important meetings & events during business hours--on multiple days, necessitating multiple scheduling snafus and time off from work.

ah well. lil darlin is thriving at the school so, pullin up the big girl panties & handling it.

Manville NJ
Username hidden
(2829 posts)
Spot on, DD

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(10725 posts)
DD, I completely agree that attitude and language, as well as intonation matter, both from the civilian and the officer.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9177 posts)
Cameras aren't perfect, but they are a damn good place to start. Perhaps they could roll the entire time officers are on duty. That would solve the audio problem until the next generation of cameras.

By the way, attitude does matter, but cops need to learn to de-escalate situations. People shouldn't get the death penalty for a bad attitude.

In addition to training, perhaps the way they hire people needs to change. Women are much less likely to use a gun and it has been shown that they much better at calming down a tense situation.

Perhaps they ought to also hire the most intelligent police officers available. Some people have been excluded because their IQ was "too high." There is a link between lower IQs and prejudice.

Additionally, I am a teacher, a job that is traditionally linked with low IQs. Mine has been measured in the top 1% but I feel totally out of my league as a teacher. Trying to get to know and motivate all of my students and how to explain things in a way that they can understand and remember is incredibly difficult - almost as difficult as being a police officer. It's almost as if cops need to have the skills of a psychiatrist with a fraction of the time to gather information and a death penalty for an improper diagnosis. We need to respect the difficulty of the job and continue to train with better (less militaristic) techniques.

Irving TX
Username hidden
(279 posts)
BLT, I agree that it could help for police to have cameras, but this report by NPR explains why it isn't a perfect system with current technology. The thing that stood out the most for me is the camera officers wear doesn't record sound for the first 30 seconds, so the context of an early encounter is lost. Who said what and with what kind of attitude is key to fully understanding what happened.

w ww. npr. org /2014/08/23/342623830/even-police-body-cameras-can-lose-sight-of-the-truth

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9177 posts)
The money they are spending on armored vehicles and automatic weapons would cover that I think. They damn sure don't need that shit.

Lexington KY
Username hidden
(2741 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... More 
Start   117 to 126 of 2018   End
TOPIC: Just Wondering