Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just_Wondering
« Prev  1 ...  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  ... 358  Next »
1061 to 1070 of 3571
User Details are only visible to members.
JW - When did fish not be considered animals/meat.

I was raised Catholic and taught that on Fridays (originally ALL Fridays--then just at lent) that you abstained from meat but fish was okay (there was a time when even fish was not allowed). I remember getting in trouble in catholic School for questioning this. If fish are animals and animals are made of flesh then isn't eating fish eating meat? The nuns told me not to question the church and made me go to confession for the sin of daring to question (that happened to me a lot). The priest told me that it was okay because Jesus ate fish. I corrected him that there was no place in the bible that stated Jesus ate fish. He said "Sermon on the mount" I again pointed out that loaves and fishes were handed out to the crowd but did not say Jesus ate -- I got in more trouble (I was not a very good Catholic--too much of a "thinker")

Just still confused over the whole fish=/=meat thing.

also confused why it was okay for my mom's church to hold a pig roast last Sunday during Lent. My mom said it was okay because it wasn't Friday...I was brought up that Lent was about fasting and reflection...not gluttony.

And my mom wonders why I roll my eyes at her when she tries to educate me on being a good Catholic.

P.S. REALLY not trying to get into a religious debate. This is stuff that always confused me but I never got a decent answer to.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3737 posts)
Flooring guys are finishing up today and we are moving in. Pool is 81 and crystal clear. Finally this move - 6 months in the making - is almost over.

Had a family come look to rent our townhouse yesterday. Hopefully we can get that making us some money quickly.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25007 posts)
JW - VA hows the new house & pool ? Haven't seen the invites yet, everything ok?

Clemmons NC
Username hidden
(2971 posts)
I stumbled into a section called SLS boards..... It was a forum and I got there via clicking on the forums tab not a hour ago. It's gone now, I liked it

Username hidden
(4685 posts)
I stopped fighting the new format when I kept having to go back to the home page to revert to the new frames every couple of page changes because the site would glitch me into the to "reponsive " site.

That and when they finally did take away the ability to choose which picture to post in the forums.

JW - if the site will ever respond the all of the questions and concerns people have in the Website part of the forum.

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3737 posts)
JW if anyone else has wandered into the new forums. They are all fancy and stuff

Username hidden
(4685 posts)
oh. my. god. thank god i had to transfer trains i think the peeps near me on the last were ready to call the men in the white coats after my laughter over the latest centaur posts.

good--quite the comic today!

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(10968 posts)
I read a series of books where the woman travel to an alternate reality and was the horse goddess. She ended up marrying a shape shifting Centar (he shifted into a mortal man for sex lol) interesting set of books. Nothing like being able to ride your man literally...

Louisville KY
Username hidden
(21059 posts)
@Good: I am solo tonight. Send him over....LOL!

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(7424 posts)
Shorter definition: a centaur is a horse's ass of a man.

All centaurs dig unicorns, and all guys wish they could be a centaur.

Fun Fact: a centaur can mount a unicorn (horsey style), drink a beer and work the TV remote at the same time.

Giddyup bitches.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5409 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  102  103  104  105  106  107  108  109  110  111  ... 358  Next »
1061 to 1070 of 3571
TOPIC: Just Wondering
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.