Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just_Wondering
« Prev  1 ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ... 374  Next »
101 to 110 of 3738
User Details are only visible to members.
Haha.

A joke among scientists is to answer that question with:

Easy. The egg. Animals were laying eggs many millions of years before chickens came along.

I know. Science "jokes" aren't funny to most people.

I was going to post a rant about salt, but then thought "Na".....

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25256 posts)
Tramp, as they say, wonder no more.

VA, I often wonder, which came first, the chicken or the egg? Go... ;-)

BT

...I have a few more ponderments, but I'll hold off until this ones unfowled. Thx

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(11748 posts)
" BOOM BABY! I LOVE MATH!"

from one math fan to another:

dude!

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(12773 posts)
JW if anyone else looks at sminburbs profile pic and goes, WTF is that between his legs??

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(4166 posts)
Lol. You are far too accomplished for my somewhat limited mind, VA. Lol

My question arose from pondering what it is about the price of a gallon of gas that has led to a quarter of a million views and likely more post than any other two threads combined. Lol

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(1999 posts)
There is of course some local fluctuation, and large metro areas (or especially remote areas) can be higher. But it'll usually hit within a dime.

This does not account for certain exceptional states, like Alaska or Hawaii, or California which fucks with the cost of gas by virtue of different environmental requirements and excise taxes (40.9 cents per gallon!)

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25256 posts)
I posted this on 10/23/11 - almost 5 years ago. Let's see if it still works. Modifying the numbers based on a different price of crude.

The cost of fuel follows a very simple formula (with the pump price lagging behind the price of crude by about 15-25 days, because oil prices are always for "next month's delivery", which means the price of oil today sets the price of gas in 2-4 weeks).

Example

Price of oil = Barrel price/42 = ~$1.10 (barrel was about $46 3 weeks ago, same as now).

Multiply this number by 1.28 to account for profits (for the oil company, refiner, and station) and losses of material (not every drop of oil can be made into gas). Now you have $1.40.

Add 14 c/gallon refining costs - now $1.52

22 c/gallon for distribution and marketing now $1.74

Then add Federal excise tax of 18.4 c/gallon = $1.92

Add your state's sales tax (GA 4%) and you should have the price of gas for your state, give or take maybe 15 cents. I arrive at $2.00 flat.

------

In Georgia, the average price of gas right now is $2.02! BOOM BABY! I LOVE MATH!

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25256 posts)
JW: What mystery lies behind the price of gas?

Tramp

Alpharetta GA
Username hidden
(1999 posts)
I seldom watch broadcast TV, so I almost never see TV ads. I think I have seen one Hillary ad during some sort of sporting event I was watching.

And the Senate election is between two Democrats, so I am sure there won't be a whole lot of ad there. And I am in Sanchez' district.

But I have only seen a few yard signs, all for local candidates.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(19931 posts)
In my area I've seen a few yard signs, some huge banners, and the like, but mostly in the bigger city of Sheboygan. I have a yard sign for the candidate who is opposing an incumbent US senator, with 2 more for him waiting to go up closer to the election. We usually don't put up presidential candidate signs, but might this year... eventually.

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(11715 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  6  7  8  9  10  11  12  13  14  15  ... 374  Next »
101 to 110 of 3738
TOPIC: Just Wondering
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.