Just Wondering : Swingers Discussion 2098131091
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumJust Wondering
TOPIC: Just Wondering
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Start   91 to 100 of 152   End
User Details are only visible to members.
"A third cut and pastes from a web page that says an evil corporation sells us meat for the purposes of implanting microscopic robots for the purposes of hacking our bank accounts.

Those who take issue with the third person are told they don't know everything, it's just information, be informed, etc. Be open to opposing viewpoints, right?

Using your hypothetical example, since nanobots are being used medically at this time and considering they are programmable, there may be a potential for abuse, so yes, be aware, get informed, we don't know everything .. It's a brand new field.

Virtually, everything is science is a double edge sword. (has positive and negative potential depending on who is in control)

Scientific advances have always out paced our moral and ethical development in regard to their use.

For the record I don't have no dog in this fight on raspberry keytone.

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(709 posts)
Holy frick - I'm not criticizing animal studies - of COURSE they are necessary. I'm saying a responsible doctor has no business pushing medicine based on an animal study alone that doesn't even show that what he's pushing is reasonable.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19568 posts)
"So what's better? Knowing nothing at all? Or mistakenly believing that dropping your money on something never clinically tested on humans with doses that we have no reason to believe would be effective will have any beneficial effect at all?"

Almost all medical breakthoughs have been based on animal testing prior to human trials. Ethical issues aside, there is a reason to do so. I advocate people doing their own research before taking any drug, supplement, of food from questionable sources. Hence our discussion. More information is better, as I said, If the information doesn't make sense at a given point in time ..fine, but retain it as it may complete an equations later on down the road to discovery.

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(709 posts)
"Helping and encouraging others to read and observe and discuss opposing viewpoints is your responsibility as an educated professional."

I completely encourage people to read and discuss opposing viewpoints. Pure bullshit, however, is not an "opposing viewpoint".

Imagine a discussion on the virtues of eating meat. One person points out studies and makes arguments that it causes obesity, heart disease, etc. Another points out studies that show meat is an important source of iron, protein, and creatine. A third cut and pastes from a web page that says an evil corporation sells us meat for the purposes of implanting microscopic robots for the purposes of hacking our bank accounts.

Those who take issue with the third person are told they don't know everything, it's just information, be informed, etc. Be open to opposing viewpoints, right?

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19568 posts)
Stop it Always! I've dealt with you and presented facts, not biased facts, but facts, you instantly grabbed the goal posts and pranced away while shouting; "I can't hear you!"

This is precisely why people refuse to engage with you on any meaningful level, you're a hypocrite.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16541 posts)
Typical Dr.Oz's viewership is one step above Jerry Springer viewership.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16541 posts)
s4t, I gladly hold a mirror up and I constantly review and revise my opinions as information comes in and induces me to reevaluate previously held opinions.

I'm probably among the most outspoken advocates for people to never just accept the information because an "expert" says it is so.

I'm not married to any rule, law, or fact as they are not immutable.

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(709 posts)
""My degree in biotech? My graduate course work in virology, immunology and genetics? My doctorate in chemistry? All meaningless, because I missed Dr. Oz. "

Do you really believe that the knowledge and understanding you possess is the sum total and final word in these disciplines? I doubt you would admit to that.

So if your knowledge base is not TOTAL, there will be todays "true facts" that will in future be proven false. This is the nature of the scientific principle. I know you were not trained to believe anything else. You may have gotten lost in your attempt to convince everyone you know what you're talking about.

As someone pointed out below, 1 primary rule in debate is know your audience and present the information at a level they can understand. Like Dr. Oz's audience, people here vary in their level of education and sophistication.

It is my opinion that you do a disservice to everyone when you hold yourself out as the "expert". Like most people you may know allot about somethings but not everything about allot of other things. Helping and encouraging others to read and observe and discuss opposing viewpoints is your responsibility as an educated professional. That is the standard to which you should hold yourself and from which the esteem you seek is derived.

So there you have it! My opinion once again. It along with $2 will get you a cup of coffee at most Denny's! Take a breath dude your not always right and you never can be. That is a fact you can take to the bank.

Sacramento CA
Username hidden
(709 posts)
For the record, I'll be interested to know what's discussed about this, as I'm always interested in what the public is being fed when it comes to science and medicine. I hope it's accurate. I won't be able to watch it - I'm in a client's office so I can't watch TV. I'll have to look for a summary later.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19568 posts)
* If nothing else there is value in thinking about the opposing viewpoints, if only to maintain an open mind, irrespective of the content.*

Holds up mirror in front of Always.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16541 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Start   91 to 100 of 152   End
TOPIC: Just Wondering