Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just_Wondering
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 413  Next »
51 to 60 of 4124
User Details are only visible to members.
Same here! Made me a better pool player thats for sure. Great for folding laundry on too.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6115 posts)
*What does the sticky note say on the pool table? "Please don't dirty the pool table we fuck on it"*

haha, we did when we had a pool table

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2879 posts)
"Anyone else from a large, loud German/Irish family?"

My fathers family is German. My mothers is Irish.

However, all of these guests are Mrs VA's and are Italian/Irish.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25976 posts)
You know, VA, it might not be a bad idea to pre-plan a few simple yet necessary tasks for your guests to work on. Preferably things that won't kill the holiday if they fuck 'em up (and things that take enough time that they stay busy until the festivities start). It'll give them a feeling of contributing to the preparations, and you'll be able to concentrate on the more important prep jobs.

Kind of like how emergency agencies work during natural disasters. About 10% of the population just CAN NOT stand still not help out. They feel COMPELLED to lend a hand. So the emergency agencies literally don't plan to fill 10% of the work positions during a crisis, because they know that those folks will be a major pain in the ass if you don't have a job you can plug them into. And the thing is, that 10% are usually the most effective workers during that crisis.

Waxahachie TX
Username hidden
(626 posts)
JW if I am the only one who is thankful they gave up "family" holiday dinners !! Peaceful & quiet here and I know exactly where my sour cream and peanut butter are :) Anyone else from a large, loud German/Irish family? Then you understand wink wink

Clemmons NC
Username hidden
(4115 posts)
I'm sure it sounds like I'm some sort of anal robot when it comes to thanksgiving dinner and such. I even planned out when everything went in/out of ovens and on/off of burners on an Excel sheet in order to hit it at exactly 3 pm as requested (an elderly diabetic needs precisely timed meals and insulin). It landed at 3:04.

Thing is - think of my house as a restaurant. You wouldn't order food in a restaurant and then wander back into the kitchen start fucking with stuff would you??? I'm quite happy to make lovely food and serve it up with a smile, but attempts to "help" mess with my timing and concentration, or they get distracted and mess it up.

Like "at least let me get rolls and butter on the table". Really. How hard is that?

Well....what if.. I put the rolls in the oven to warm them. Oh come on this is taking too long. Fine. Set it to 550. Butter is hard. Nuke it.

Oh cool - something interesting on my phone.

5 minutes later I have an oven full of burned dinner rolls and a microwave full of splattered boiled forgotten butter.

Seriously!!!! Stop helping!!'

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25976 posts)
Haha.

In the days leading up to thanksgiving I sequestered all of the food I would need for the day in a cupboard or parts of the fridge with stickers on them saying "THANKSGIVING".

Don't laugh. Far too many times in the past I have gone to make thanksgiving/Christmas dinner only to find that something critical was consumed on a whim, and nothing is open for us to replace it.

Once I needed a couple teaspoons of peanut butter for something, had a brand new jar and thought I was safe, and found out at the zeroeth hour that our son ate the entire jar of peanut butter that morning. That shit happens in this house.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25976 posts)
Sour cream?...Cheese?...Pumpkin pie?...

Shoulda invited vegans.

Just saying.

BT

Los Angeles CA
Username hidden
(12181 posts)
What does the sticky note say on the pool table?

"Please don't dirty the pool table we fuck on it"

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(6115 posts)
Only 8 people? And that much chaos?

I would not invite them again, family or not.

At least some of that shit is on purpose. No eight people cause that much damage on accident...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(20558 posts)
« Prev  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 413  Next »
51 to 60 of 4124
TOPIC: Just Wondering
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.