Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just_Wondering
« Prev  1 ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ... 368  Next »
191 to 200 of 3676
User Details are only visible to members.
@Fun

You're just weird.

Ask anyone

~rabbit~

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(3928 posts)
"So the talk - when it comes to something other than sex - is where the real age difference shows."

Yes, and no. I took a young lady over to a lifestyle friend's house earlier this week to lounge around the pool. She looks so young that our host pulled me aside and seriously asked me for assurance that she was of legal age.

We found lots to talk about besides sex. She comes from a very religious family (preacher's daughter), and we had a lively discussion about the intersection of sex and religion. She's in the market for new housing, and my recent involvement in helping my daughter buy a house gave us some common ground.

She's also very interested in politics, so there was that. She correctly guessed that my reference to "Jimmy Cardigan" was about President Carter, but appreciated me filling her in.

So our frames of reference are very different, but we had no trouble relating about a bunch of non-sexual things.

I think it depends on the people, not their age differences. When I was young (teens, college), I spent a fair amount of time with people my parents' age. Used to have lunch regularly with one of my mom's best friends. So, convo that transcends generational gaps is almost second-nature to me. But maybe I'm just weird.

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13016 posts)
*snort*

it's the advent of the WVM feature, methinks.

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(11996 posts)
JW: Is it just my imagination, or did someone roll up with a truckload of whiners and dump them into the fora?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(13016 posts)
At least she had the wherewithal to realize that difference!

Mcallen TX
Username hidden
(11764 posts)
LOL! Exactly right. Especially with you..man of the world. Even us youngsters that are close to your age might be challenged at times. Thabk goodness it still does not make the sex any worse. ;-)

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(4840 posts)
BLM, it's not a matter of keeping up with them. I can party with them and even sometimes get them to have sex with me. It's what we talk about. Other than sex.

It's easy to forget what your priorities are when you're 20-something. If they're at my house, I'll make an old fashioned. They just want fruit juice with vodka. If they have kids, they are babies, and often can't afford or locate a sitter to get out. We need to be mindful of suggesting a place to go for dinner with friends who can't just drop $100 or more on a dinner for 2. They don't know about closing costs, AMT or all of the other headaches that come along when your life continues to develop. So the talk - when it comes to something other than sex - is where the real age difference shows.

One couple we spent a lot of last summer with - she's... 24? I think. Hot as hell, and we have great sex. They'd come over here because they live in a 1 bedroom and really don't have room for anything. She was telling me about how she was describing a feature of our house to her parents that everyone finds interesting.

She then "quickly had to invent an explanation to my parents why we have friends who own anything like that, since all of our friends are supposed to be broke-ass 20-somethings."

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(25106 posts)
that's your story & you're sticking to it.

sometimes it's good to live the dream.

:-)

Bridgewater NJ
Username hidden
(11996 posts)
Well OK then njnyknowsmyagebetterthanme.. I'm not going to start doing the math or travel back in time..not if I don't have an AARP card I wont.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(4840 posts)
See VA..being in denial helps me think I can do what 20 year olds can do BUT smarter at it...unless it's sports then I'm just lucky not to get hurt.

Rutherford NJ
Username hidden
(4840 posts)
« Prev  1 ...  15  16  17  18  19  20  21  22  23  24  ... 368  Next »
191 to 200 of 3676
TOPIC: Just Wondering
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.