Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just Wondering
GoTo Page: Less ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... More 
Start   191 to 200 of 2343   End
User Details are only visible to members.
i use it too often and have tried to stop, but to be honest, it's tougher than you might think. ;)

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(5704 posts)
On the topic of happy birthdays, my feeling is that if I can show empathy for someone I don't know, or haven't met beyond the confines of the fora, when they lose a pet, a loved one, or have a car accident, I'm just as comfortable wishing them a happy birthday, congratulating them for getting promoted...or for banging an NFL cheerleader?

BT

Username hidden
(488 posts)
@SheSmooth: It is a poor choice of words. However, it's more of a from the hip expression in our society used by many. A better choice might be "frankly," or to be perfectly candid. It's the same with "in my opinion," which is overused.....LOL....who else's opinion would it be...LMAO

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(4087 posts)
I totally agree. I hear this all the time.

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
i don't think the intention of "to be honest" is to imply a higher level of honesty, but rather a poor choice of words. "to be completely open with you", or "to go one step further" might serve better to emphasize a point being made, in my opinion.

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(5704 posts)
JW: why do people say, to be honest, or quite truthfully etc...does it mean that when they don't use the disclaimer they're telling a lie?

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
It depends on who it is. If I know them from other venues where they were/are privy to "personal" info I would definitely want to wish them a happy birthday. ..otherwise I'm with you 100%.

Username hidden
(17355 posts)
I knew you were my kind of freak. :-)

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17912 posts)
I am the same way, Perfect. I also don't do it, if there are already a ton of posts, saying the same thing. It just feels fake, to me.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(18093 posts)
JW

Why I'd feel strange wishing somebody a happy birthday that I'd never met, or conversed with in any form or fashion? Would they, having never corresponded with me, also feel strange having somebody relay my wishes?

It's probably just an issue with me.

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(17912 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... More 
Start   191 to 200 of 2343   End
TOPIC: Just Wondering