Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just Wondering
GoTo Page: Less ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... More 
Start   181 to 190 of 2896   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Well, I'll be serious for a moment and probably get myself in trouble..

I think I'm probably with a vast majority of Americans who's reaction was that what that woman did was awesome. I am JW how many, like me, feel a bit conflicted about that reaction.

Yes the little peckerhead deserved an ass kicking. In my view not because he was fighting the police (the Baltimore police seem to have made their own bed) but because he was burning down the neighborhood. Yes it was also playing into our stereotypes about African American matriarchs that you do not want to mess with (does it help that this is a flattering stereotype?). Despite my gut "go girl!" reaction, on some level smacking your kid hard in the face isn't ideal parenting.

I'm also JW what this woman was thinking when she did it. Was it "You dumbass! You're burning down OUR neighborhood!" Or you dumbass! Those are the police! Don't you know they're gonna shoot your ass with impunity?"

Wenatchee WA
Username hidden
(540 posts)
@SheSmooth: When it comes to police officers, especially, the black ones, it's like they have to prove something to their white colleagues. Trust me, if you've ever seen Boyz N The Hood or The Wire. It shows the self-hatred of black cops -- not all -- as it is not an indictment on all cops. However, the streets are now as tooled up as the cops so the police do have a right to be afraid but depraved indifference to human life....no way! While on the treadmill this morning and listening to 2Pac, the lyrics could have been written today. So to blame Pres. Obama, the so-called War on Poverty and War on Drugs, nah, this has been going on for ages but this generation is not having it. It is an indictment however on both parties who saw Baltimore deteriorate and did nothing and it's not isolated to Baltimore. I had no idea how impoverished LA was until after Katrina. I had only heard of The French Quarter and Bourbon Street. It's just crazy and I wonder how things can get better moving forward.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(5714 posts)
The other person in the vehicle was picked up after Mr. Gray. There was a partition between them. There was not a rough ride while he was in the van. He did hear banging which may be attributed to the seizures of a gravely injured man.

Carrollton TX
Username hidden
(578 posts)
JW: does she even deserve the benefit of the doubt as far as "going along"? there are a lot of people sitting in prison for "going along" and rightfully so. imo. she should be joining them. something to consider when choosing a career field.

A couple of other thoughts on this one.

I find it interesting that three of the officers charged are not caucasion, seeing as how the idiot thugs in the streets have been so determined to make it a race issue. i'm speaking specifically about the idiot thugs who were looting and destroying other people's property, not the ones peacefully protesting.

it's disappointing to know that we have more feed for the blood sucking news beasts like nancy grace who make their living yakking this shit up and regurgitating it all over us again and again until they finally drag it thru the courts for 3 months.

this case should be resolved in a matter of minutes. did they, or did they not give gray the old "rough ride"? the other person being transported can answer this question. instead, it will be treated like a Scooby doo mystery and most of the info hidden from the public until a verdict is read. very depressing to see what our judicial system has become now that we live in this social media world.

Cocoa Beach FL
Username hidden
(6289 posts)
The identities of the police officers have been disclosed this morning in the Gray case. I am wondering how none of them had the presence of mind to give this young man medical care. I am totally shocked at the female officer. I guess she felt she had to go along to get along.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(5714 posts)
You are probably correct.

Police seldom get convicted in these matters.

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(18206 posts)
This Freddie Gray case will ultimately go nowhere.

Mark my words.

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(22700 posts)
@Perfect: She also regularly appeared with Al Sharpton on Politicsnation which is where I heard of her book almost two years ago.

Vero Beach FL
Username hidden
(5714 posts)
when hubby was in the police academy he brought a book home. he told our kids he can legally beat them as long as it wasn't "excessive" or "abusive". there is a big difference between smacking your kid and abusing them. i think more kids need to be smacked.

Philadelphia PA
Username hidden
(2456 posts)
Joan Walsh

Author of "What' the matter with White People"

Walsh writes frequently on current American political topics, typically in blog form at Salon. Criticisms of the Iraq War, the George W. Bush administration, and conservatives have been featured in her posts. She regularly appears on MSNBC's Scarborough Country[2] and Hardball with Chris Matthews as well as CNN's Campbell Brown, where she has debated with conservative guests including Pat Buchanan, Liz Cheney, Dick Armey, David Frum, Terry Jeffrey, and G. Gordon Liddy. She also has appeared on MSNBC's Countdown with Keith Olbermann, The Rachel Maddow Show, The Ed Show, as well as CNN's Larry King Live and D. L. Hughley Breaks the News. Walsh made her second appearance on The O'Reilly Factor in June 2009, discussing the murder of George Tiller and her views on the responsibility of journalists and the impact of their words in controversial matters.[

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(18303 posts)
GoTo Page: Less ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... More 
Start   181 to 190 of 2896   End
TOPIC: Just Wondering