Help
FORUMS › General Discussions › Open Forum › Just Wondering
TOPIC: Just_Wondering
Created by: vabeachcouple33
Original Starting post for this thread:
How long is it going to be until we call "unleaded gasoline" just "gasoline"? People still ask for unleaded gas. A news story I saw this morning mentioned someone buying "unleaded gasoline".

I realize it remains in use in aviation fuel, but are people really afraid of getting leaded gas in the event they do not specify?

1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 325  Next »
1 to 10 of 3241
User Details are only visible to members.
B.T. your way too DEEP for me ,keep it light please , see you off to work I go hihohiho

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(4602 posts)
Jolly joker- we all know you don't function very well without coffee.

OT:

JW- would you like a Red Bull chaser with that coffee?

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(5363 posts)
Ms. BigDuke, I think they hooked up in some snort of good guy-gal/Bat Shit Crazy SF poly thing and are living happily ever after at the Neverland Ranch.

Snort, I dunno. I fluked Philosophy 101, but I do remember DeCartes theory of Non-Monogamy; I swing, therefore, I am...which is a slight contrast from Buckaroo Banzai's theory of No Matter where you go, there you are.

JW if BT need more coffee?

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(10729 posts)
Just wondering, if a joke falls in a forum and there's no one there who gets it, does one's own laughing-out-loud still make a sound? 

New Orleans LA
Username hidden
(131 posts)
Does any one know what happen to BLT2 ? and now Froggy is MIA also ,I hope both people are ok

Ronkonkoma NY
Username hidden
(4602 posts)
No, I won't have an impressive explanation.

As to you perception of the reason for my post, that would be a swing and a miss...

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(18949 posts)
Sorry to disappoint you Tbr, but there's nothing threatening about you. But since you've decided to drag this here from the WTF thread, I'll spell it out for you so that you can stop wondering and get some rest. You're problem, whether or not you care to admit it, is you thought my post about Beyoncé was a swipe at the wealthy. It was not. But you're hypersensitive about the subject from all the time you spend arguing with others like yourself about it over in the politics forum. Rather than just taking the post for what it was, you want to argue her wealth, her parents wealth, whether or not they were really wealthy, and what is wealth really and do they qualify? And btw, while you were doing your research on Wiki, did you happen to read that she is mentioned numerous times on the web as a celebrity who grew up wealthy? I'm not a Bernie supporter, not a communist, and could not give two shits how much money anyone has or what they do with it. My post, a.k.a. my opinion, was directed at the idea of Beyoncé being promoted as a model for strong women, specifically African American women. I have a great deal of respect for her husband and what he has accomplished in his life, based on where he came from. Eminem is another. The kid raised himself up out of a Detroit gutter and today he could buy and sell most of the people in these forums. There are many others, male and female, black, white and what have you. My point was that it is difficult for me to understand why she is seen as this model for strong women, when she has never really had to struggle for anything in her life. As far as I am concerned, many of those looking at her in this way, are themselves far more a model of strength due to the fact that, unlike Beyoncé, they face the day to day struggles of life, and they overcome them and keep on going. And it is not an attack on the wealthy or on Beyoncé personally. I know she does a lot of good things for others with her money. But a model of strength for women? I don't see it. My opinion. You're entitled to yours as well as the last word on the matter here. And while you're wondering, maybe you could wonder a little about why it is you can't just take someone's comments at face value rather that dissecting them to look for hidden meanings. I'm sure you'll have an impressive explanantion.

Orlando FL
Username hidden
(6759 posts)
Just wondering why is it that when people's assertions are challenged they feel so threatened?

Fullerton CA
Username hidden
(18949 posts)
JW: Will my cat never cease in her quest to discover new and innovative places to puke?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23753 posts)
JW: Why do groups invite people who live hundreds or even thousands of miles away?

Windermere FL
Username hidden
(23753 posts)
1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9  10  ... 325  Next »
1 to 10 of 3241
TOPIC: Just Wondering
This site does not contain sexually explicit images as defined in 18 U.S.C. 2256.
Accordingly, neither this site nor the contents contained herein are covered by the record-keeping provisions of 18 USC 2257(a)-(c).
Disclaimer: This website contains adult material. You must be over 18 to enter or 21 where applicable by law.
All Members are over 18 years of age.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy

Copyright © 1998-2016 DashBoardHosting, LLC. All Rights Reserved.