Johnny Carson dies at age 79 : Swingers Discussion 40520
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumJohnny Carson dies at age 79
TOPIC: Johnny Carson dies at age 79
Created by: 4playlovers
Original Starting post for this thread:
I grew up to Johnny Carson's one liners and he was a man that made television great for 30 years.

He reminds me of my father and still today I often have found myself laughing at his pioneer style comedy. There is IMO no other comedian that could make the tonight show what it is today.

I am not dogging Leno but no one could fill his shoes and may never be as big of an impact on television as he was. Does anyone else have this same respect for the late Johnny Carson and how did his career change your life?

GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
User Details are only visible to members.
Dang! I missed it. I was probably already asleep.

Carrie (who hates not getting to be a night owl)

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
I gave two thumbs up to Jay Leno also for that memorial!

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11437 posts)
I watched the tonight show with Jay Leno last evening,(Jan.24) the entire show was devoted to Johnny Carson. There were clips on there I haven't seen in 25 yrs or more, still just as funny today as they were way back then. Jay Leno opened the show with a very moving tribute to Johnny that showed the extreme amount of respect , admiration that Jay has for him. Jay later had Ed Mcmahn , Don Rickels and Bob Newheart on who all reminisced about the old shows as they showed clips. The entire show was very moving and done with the class and respect that it was intended to be.

Du Bois PA
Username hidden
(3 posts)
I loved (and still do) Johnny Carson. He was so funny. The tonight show has never been the same since he left it. It is a damn shame.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
he didn't have to say anything, facial expressions were hilarious!

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11437 posts)
my buds and i used to watch carson nightly.It was great to see him make other people so much better then they were.he just knew how to do that let the light shine elsewhere.Very witty, he could do all the comdey routines from standup to facial to triping over chairs

Sarasota FL
Username hidden
(2069 posts)
It's sad for sure 4Play. We enjoyed him a lot.

Center Valley PA
Username hidden
(8916 posts)
I grew up to Johnny Carson's one liners and he was a man that made television great for 30 years.

He reminds me of my father and still today I often have found myself laughing at his pioneer style comedy. There is IMO no other comedian that could make the tonight show what it is today.

I am not dogging Leno but no one could fill his shoes and may never be as big of an impact on television as he was. Does anyone else have this same respect for the late Johnny Carson and how did his career change your life?

Brownwood TX
Username hidden
(11437 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 ... More 
 1 to 8 of 8 
TOPIC: Johnny Carson dies at age 79