Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMS General Discussions Open Forum Is Trump Justified Penny for your thoughts
TOPIC: Is Trump Justified Penny for your thoughts
Created by: Seduction4Two
Original Starting post for this thread:
"The comedian Bill Maher called the billionaire real estate mogul a liar and a “terrible racist” and spoke of “the syphilitic monkey who does his Twitter feed,” but those insults didn’t upset Trump nearly as much as when Maher said, “Suppose that perhaps Donald Trump had been the spawn of his mother having sex with an orangutan, because, well, I didn’t just make this up. The color of his hair and the color of an orange orangutan is the only two things in nature of the same color. . . . I’m not saying it’s true, I hope it’s not true, but unless he comes up with proof, I’m willing to, I’m willing to offer five million dollars to Donald Trump that he can donate to a charity of his choice, Hair Club for Men, the Insitute for Incorrigible Douchebaggery, whatever charity . . .”

Trump charged after the bait the way a bull is supposed to go for a red cape. Within two days, he had a birth certificate in Maher’s hands to prove that his father was really the human Fred C. Trump. Someone suggested to the Donald that Maher had not meant to be taken literally, however nasty his humor, but Trump would have none of it: “I don’t think he was joking. He said it with venom. That was venom. That wasn’t a joke. In fact, he was nervous when he said it; it was a pathetic delivery.”

Deriding Maher’s comedic timing wasn’t enough, though. On Monday, overlooking the fact that Maher’s $5 million offer was clearly a reference to Trump’s claim during the last presidential campaign that he would donate $5 million to charity if President Obama released his college transcripts along with his birth certificate, Trump announced he was suing Maher for the promised sum. He told Fox News, “You have breaking news! Big story! But he promised me five million dollars for charity if I provided certain information. Well, I provided the information. He didn’t pay. So today I sue Bill Maher for five million dollars for charity. Yes, and my friends at Fox and Friends have it first!”

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Trump has thrown around just a little slander in his day, too. And Mahr never bulldozed anyone's home. Although anyone who's had to watch his painful circle-jerk of a show might argue about which thing is actually worse.

Easton PA
Username hidden
(79 posts)
Trump is indeed a miserable asshole. Having said that. I hope that this is a lesson to all douchies who enjoy slandering others. I hope that, Maher spends tons of money on legal fees to get rid of this bullshit.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17090 posts)
Mahr's just obnoxious. He hasn't gone full-out unfunny like Dennis Miller, but he's a short hop from it. Political comedians are fine, but comedians who start fancying themselves as real-life pundits get annoying in a hurry nomatter which side they're on. Trump's just a pretty bad person, but it's not like anyone with an IQ over room temperature takes the guy seriously anyway.

I'd say I hoped both of them bankrupted each other so we didn't have to hear about them again, but Trump's occasional Twitter meltdowns are pretty damn hilarious.

Easton PA
Username hidden
(79 posts)
True that.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
Both revel in the mutual publicity. It's a win win.

Emeryville CA
Username hidden
(12209 posts)
Hard to believe anyone would take this legal question seriously.

A promise is not enforceable as a contract if the other side offered no consideration. There would be no basis for Trump to claim the $5 million.

If Trump reasonably relied on the promise to his detriment, Maher could be liable for actual damages under an estoppel theory. Perhaps Trump spent $100 tracking down the birth certificate and could collect that amount in damages.

Of course, Trump would have to demonstrate it was reasonable for him to rely on Maher's "promise," when it was obviously a political satire.

Trump is a modern day Barnum who has gotten very wealthy by never failing to underestimate the intelligence of the American public.

Maher and Trump are both media whores playing to simple folk who lap up their one-sided nonsense.

Amherst Canada
Username hidden
(2373 posts)
I think that Trump should drag Mahr through mud!

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17090 posts)
In legalese, breaking a promise is considered a breach of contract.

Doubtful a court would rule in Trump's favor though. The only ones who win in this instance are the lawyers.

Brooklyn Park MN
Username hidden
(3843 posts)
I hadn't heard about this either and I don't care for either man. I dislike Maher more than trump though.

Legally, I don't think Trump has a case. I don't think it is against the law to break a promise.

Moron Buenos Aires Argentina
Username hidden
(467 posts)
I completely agree! I personally feel that Trump should push it as far as he can.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17090 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 13   End
TOPIC: Is Trump Justified Penny for your thoughts