In the news -- In the know : Swingers Discussion 2072371061
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumIn the news -- In the know
TOPIC: In the news -- In the know
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   61 to 70 of 74   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Headline of the day:

Mexico scrambles to cope with egg shortage

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19555 posts)
A note saying "Did you REALLY wait 100 years to open this??"

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19555 posts)
100-Year-Old Mysterious Package In Norway Set To Be Opened

Stocks in oil? Historical documents? A small treasure? Speculation over what might be inside a 100-year-old package that's set to be unsealed this Friday in a small town in Norway abounds, according to Verdens Gang, a Norwegian newspaper.

Verdens Gang explains that the package has been kept in a museum in Gudbrandsdal and dates all the way back to August 26th, 1912. It carries a note from a man named Johan Nygard, specifying that it is not to be opened until 2012.

There are few clues about what the package might contain. What is known is that Nygard was involved in local politics and that he reportedly walked up to the mayor and handed him the package telling him that its contents would "benefit and delight future generations," according to a video that was posted the Verdens Gang website.

The idea of leaving something of meaning behind for future generations is romantic in theory, but some time capsule-like projects have proved to be a mixed bag in terms of their significance and their ability to withstand the test of time.

This Friday, August 24th, residents of the town will finally find out what's inside. VGTV.no will be live broadcasting the opening of the Norway package on Friday at noon EST. =======================

Romney's tax returns? Obama's birth certificate?

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16530 posts)
Fox News said on Thursday that it had identified the real identity of the Navy SEAL who is writing a book about his participation in the raid that killed Osama bin Laden. The Associated Press later confirmed the report.

The forthcoming publication of the book, titled "No Easy Day," was announced on Wednesday. It will be released on September 11, and has not been vetted or cleared by the Pentagon. The author is using a pseudonym, Mark Owen.

But on Thursday, Fox News ran an item with what it claimed was the author's true name, Matt Bissonnette. It even named the town where he lives. The network cited "multiple sources" in its reporting. The AP later ran a similar report, citing current and former military officials.

The Navy SEALs who killed bin Laden have previously been left unidentified.

The Fox News report led to a rebuke from Nation magazine writer Jeremy Scahill — hardly a knee-jerk supporter of the U.S. military:

"Why on earth would FOX News publish the alleged identity of one of the ST6 members who was in the OBL raid? Seriously."

And Gawker's John Cook linked to a Fox News report from 2011, chastising Gawker for attempting to uncover the identity of a CIA agent involved in the raid.

In response, Penguin, the company publishing the book, issued a statement to the New York Times. It said that the author faced "obvious risks to his personal security" by writing "No Easy Day," and that this was the only reason it was being published with a pseudonym.

"We respectfully request that all news organizations and all Americans consider these facts when deciding whether to pursue or publicize his real identity," the statement concluded. ========================

He's not the one that is in trouble it seems.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16530 posts)
Hell, I signed non disclosure docs when I was on active duty. It is still punishable for me to disclose the crazy shit/op's I was involved in, even after being retired for 12 years!

He's an asshole sellout and should shut his fucking mouth!

San Antonio TX
Username hidden
(8069 posts)
I wouldn't worry one bit about whatever information this Navy Seal character reveals. It cannot consist of any real classifed information or anything sensitive because he doesn't know anything of that nature.

Afer all, brako is the one who tracked down bin Laden, made all the necesary communications and interactions across agencies and coordinated that with the military, arranged all the logistics support. ordered a few ragtag Navy guys on board the helicopters, gave everyone their final instructions and sent them off with a pat on the ass.

It was ALL brako on this deal foolks. Just ask him; he'll confirm it. So all the secrety stuff? ..... brako's got it all up his ass, right there along with his head.

San Luis Obispo CA
Username hidden
(1209 posts)
Make threats, yes. Everything else I said, no.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19555 posts)
I say prosecute a Navy Seal for any classified information he might disclose.

Being a hero does not grant you eternal immunity from having to follow the rules. To disclose classified details of the mission is completely dishonorable behavior.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19555 posts)
I believe the cops can lock someone up for making threats VA...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2744 posts)
Can't wait to read it when it comes out...

Pittsburgh PA
Username hidden
(2744 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   61 to 70 of 74   End
TOPIC: In the news -- In the know