In the news -- In the know : Swingers Discussion 2072371011
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumIn the news -- In the know
TOPIC: In the news -- In the know
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   11 to 20 of 74   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Dang. I thought that FARS (farce) was part of the joke.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
Iran's leading news agency published a mock poll that claimed rural whites in the U.S. favored Iranian leader Mahmoud Ahmadinejad over president Barack Obama. The mock poll was originally published on a popular U.S. media site, The Onion.

The FARS news agency—which touts itself as Iran's leading independent news agency while others note its ties to government—published much of the made-up poll that first appeared in the U.S. parody website.

The Onion site quoted a fictitious Gallup Poll that noted "77 percent of rural Caucasian voters...would much rather go to a baseball game or have a beer with Ahmadinejad...than spend time with Obama."

FARS led its story with that statement and even quoted someone from the Onion piece, West Virginia resident Swiderski, saying of Ahmadinejad, "I like him better."

Word of duping the Iranian agencies made its way through media sites and was also picked up by media blogger Jim Romenesko.

The Onion had a little fun with it, too, it seems, adding to the end of the article, "For more on this story: Please visit our Iranian subsidiary organization, Fars."

The story was live on the FARS website early on Friday afternoon but was no longer available by 1:30 p.m. ET. The link to FARS goes to an earlier screen grab of the story that had been on the FARS website.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19878 posts)
"I'd think this would satisfy most reasonable concerns."

Oh, but you're attempting to apply "reasonable" where it is highly unlikely to actually describe parents who would oppose this. It certainly does satisfy reasonable concerns and I'd whole-heartedly support it in our district. Unfortunately, there'd be so much outcry from unreasonable people that it would never even be considered here.

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(4025 posts)
"... unless the parents opt out of the program after receiving a school letter informing them of the new policy. "

I'd think this would satisfy most reasonable concerns.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
I'm fine with it. Even if were still living in NYC.

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(16829 posts)
It seems that there are some deer out there who do not like Obama....

ww.grindtv.c om/outdoor/blog/35060/mystery+of+the+obama+yard-sign+destruction+caper+is+solved/

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19878 posts)
This wasn't the only one. Certain Mayors had contacted Chick Fil A to inform them that they were not welcome in their city anymore.

Mayor Thomas M. Menino is vowing to block Chick-fil-A from bringing its Southern-fried fast-food empire to Boston — possibly to a popular tourist spot just steps from the Freedom Trail — after the family-owned firm’s president suggested gay marriage is “inviting God’s judgment on our nation.”

“Chick-fil-A doesn’t belong in Boston. You can’t have a business in the city of Boston that discriminates against a population. We’re an open city, we’re a city that’s at the forefront of inclusion,” Menino told the Herald yesterday.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19878 posts)
I'm a touch confused by this story. One solitary Chicago Alderman opposing one single new store has somehow changed the entire philosophy of the chain?

I have read the stories and they all present the same basic facts. What I can't figure out is a) why now and why over this one store b) is national corporate policy changing to not fund anti-gay organizations c) why is my Facebook not exploding with this story?

Cincinnati OH
Username hidden
(4025 posts)
In that whole debacle, I didn't care about what anyone said or did *until* politicians became involved and started threatening denial of business licenses and building permits. It is a grotesque misuse of elected office.

Chesapeake VA
Username hidden
(19878 posts)
How is that not extortion?

Belle Chasse LA
Username hidden
(10938 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Start   11 to 20 of 74   End
TOPIC: In the news -- In the know