In the news -- In the know : Swingers Discussion 207237101
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumIn the news -- In the know
TOPIC: In the news -- In the know
Created by: Fun_Ahoy
Original Starting post for this thread:
Feel free to share a bit of news or a current event that you think is important. Here's one from yesterday:

"Fiscal tightening will lead to economic conditions in 2013 that will probably be considered a recession . . . ."

-- From “An Update To The Budget And Economic Outlook," just issued by the Congressional Budget Office, 8/23/12)

GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 1 to 10 of 74   End
User Details are only visible to members.
I heard today that Michael Jackson's "Thriller" album was released 30 years ago today. My response? An incredulous "Really!" What a way to make me feel old! LOL

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9184 posts)
ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — The Florida sheriff's office that investigated Caylee Anthony's death confirmed Sunday that it overlooked a computer search for suffocation methods made from the little girl's home on the day she was last seen alive.

Orange County sheriff's Capt. Angelo Nieves said the office's computer investigator missed a June 16, 2008, Google search for "fool-proof" suffocation methods. The agency's admission was first reported by Orlando television station WKMG. It's not known who performed the search. The station reported it was done on a browser primarily used by the 2-year-old's mother, Casey Anthony, who was acquitted of the girl's murder in 2011.

Anthony's attorneys argued during trial that Casey Anthony helped her father, George Anthony, cover up the girl's drowning in the family pool.

WKMG reports that sheriff's investigators pulled 17 vague entries only from the computer's Internet Explorer browser, not the Mozilla Firefox browser commonly used by Casey Anthony. More than 1,200 Firefox entries, including the suffocation search, were overlooked.

Whoever conducted the Google search looked for the term "fool-proof suffication," misspelling "suffocation," and then clicked on an article about suicide that discussed taking poison and putting a bag over one's head.

WTF!

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9184 posts)
AP - STOCKHOLM - A hatch on a Swedish church tower inadvertently left open for some three decades resulted in 2 tons of pigeon droppings amassing in the tower. The church's property manager says the layer of droppings was 30 centimetres (12 inches) deep when it was discovered during a May inspection of the Heliga Trefaldighets Kyrka in Gavle, 170 kilometres (105 miles) north of Stockholm. Lennart Helzenius said on Thursday that church staff had been shocked by the sheer number of bags of excrement cleaners were removing from the tower. He says the droppings filled 80 bags in the first round of cleaning, and then just as many in the second round. Helzenius says the hatch had probably been left open since the 1980s.

My question - how did nobody smell the stench over the last 3 decades or even question why things stunk in the tower?

Sheboygan Falls WI
Username hidden
(9184 posts)
ATLANTA (CBS Atlanta) – Sex means more to adults than having kids.

When asked about what makes them happiest, a group of adults participating in a survey ranked sex at the top of the list.

Drinking alcohol came in second place, with volunteering, religious contemplation and child care rounding out the top five spots, according to the website Daily News & Analysis.

The survey was conducted by researchers at the University of Canterbury in New Zealand.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention in Atlanta consider the enjoyment of sex to be an important part of one’s overall sexual health.

“Sexual health is a state of physical, emotional, mental and social well-being in relation to sexuality,” the CDC states on its website. “It is not merely the absence of disease, dysfunction or infirmity.”

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20253 posts)
In the news........Obama Got Schooled in the office of the President.

Imperial MO
Username hidden
(12441 posts)
According to Anniston police reports, the suspects used a lull forklift stolen from an Alexandria company to take a drive-through ATM from the Regions Bank branch on U.S. 431 between 4:30 and 4:35 a.m. Sunday. Anniston police Lt. Fred Forsythe said there was money in the machine.

“We’re not disclosing the amount at this time,” Forsythe said.

Police reports also stated that the suspects caused approximately $3,000-worth of damage in taking the ATM. The suspects left with the ATM in an unidentified vehicle; the forklift was left at the bank.

Forsythe said no suspects have been listed in the case.

Welcome to Redneck city.This happened 2 blocks from our home. The police comment "there was money is the machine" might give one a clue to how clueless small town police can be. REALLY? Money in an ATM who'd have thought that? This bank also sits right on a major road , no one wondered what a forklift was doing at the ATM at 4:30 on a sunday morning ? If it was later in the day I can see it . NO ONE would ever notice anything between the hours of 8am and 12pm......EVERYONE is in church ....even the criminals. There is no worse sin here than not going to church!!!!! On the plus side we tried to use that ATM on both friday and saturday to deposit payroll checks, I guess we should be grateful the machine was malfunctioning and wasn't taking deposits or we'd be screwed until they sorted this mess out . The question remains just how much money was in the machine since neither friday nor saturday could you make a withdraw nor deposit lol.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5501 posts)
The Red Flower Chinese Restaurant in Williamsburg, Kentucky, was shuttered on Thursday after a customer called the health department when she saw a dead deer being wheeled into the kitchen.

"Two of the workers came in wheeling a garbage can and they had a box sitting on top of it," Kate Hopkins told the website. "And hanging out of the garbage can, they were trying to be real quick with it. So that nobody could see it. But there was like a tail, and a foot and leg. Sticking out of the garbage can and they wheeled it straight back into the kitchen."

Paul Lawson, Whitley County's environmental health inspector, said the owner's son admitted to pick up the dead animal from the side of I-75 North in Williamsburg. The restaurant was immediately shut down.

"They said they didn't know that they weren't allowed to," Lawson said. "So that makes me concerned. But maybe they could have before. They didn't admit to doing it before."

Owners can reopen the restaurant, Lawson said, if it passes a secondary health inspection proving that they have properly sanitized it.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20253 posts)
No, I would not intentionally do that. Some people would react defensively, as if a smarter person somehow makes them dumber.

I don't know why they feel that way. It doesn't seem logical. If you're engaged with an intelligent person, that should indicate that they find you intelligent, or they probably wouldn't be engaging you.

Flat Rock NC
Username hidden
(2984 posts)
* Dang. I thought that FARS (farce) was part of the joke. *

And you wanted us to believe that you're smart ;)

Rumson NJ
Username hidden
(17087 posts)
You know, I thought of that too. It also occurred to me that Farsi is the principle language of Iran.

Winter Garden FL
Username hidden
(20253 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
 1 to 10 of 74   End
TOPIC: In the news -- In the know