Impression versus Reality : Swingers Discussion 221361
Busy Swingers Forum - everything you always wanted to know about swingers.
SwingLifeStyle Swingers Personal Ads. | SwingLifeStyle Swingers Clubs

Busy Swingers Forum

Everything you always wanted to know about swingers.

Create A Free Account

HELP
FORUMSGeneral DiscussionsOpen ForumImpression versus Reality
TOPIC: Impression versus Reality
Created by: sophiasays69
Original Starting post for this thread:
I know it is common to see a picture of a face and build an impression of what the body would like and vice versa see the body and then later the face. How often do you find yourself thrilled it is better than what your impression was and how often were you disappointed?

Sophia

GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
User Details are only visible to members.
Thank you Sophia, you re too kind. A handsome couple there, you'll do well I am sure.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5339 posts)
Mrs Sav,

I returned the favor (I think it is) and opened some of our pics.

I am glad the title of the post did what I had hoped it would.

By the way, your pictures are beautiful, and that includes your face shots. You are very beautiful and I love the expressions your face shows.

Sophia

Hendersonville NC
Username hidden
(1127 posts)
Privates opened so you can take a peak LOL

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5339 posts)
Sophia the comment was tongue in cheek. I opened one thing and was expecting something else....fact of life across the board. I never doubted you determined attraction based on the whole package.

Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5339 posts)
Mrs Sav,

Hubby and I are like that about our pictures. Some we think are really OKAY, but not wonderful and others we wonder why the camera didn't break.

We don't rely on pictures alone to tell us what a person is like. We state that in our profile because of our 'fear of how we look in pics". There was a good looking couple we met with dinner and before the drinks were ordered we knew not a damn thing would happen. We are that way, we don't judge alone on pics but on the whole package (and not that package).

So, why the question then? Well, we are going to our first wild house party. We went to a very drunk but tame one and this one will be very different, with different expectations. So, the hosts send out updated RSVP lists so everyone can check out the profiles and pics. And well, there are some that look great, some sound wonderful, and others well, can't really tell from the pictures. Because the intent is a F & S party, well, there were some that caught our interest, some we knew and have no interest and a bunch in between. I just thought I would get some feedback on this question. I wondered about the other guests when they looked at ours.

A second reason for the question is that recently some folks I have meet on the forum have opened pics and we have opened ours to them. Because of our personal insecurity or fear of how we look on a picture, the question came up in my mind. And I asked.

So, I think we are on the same page about this question.

Sophia

Hendersonville NC
Username hidden
(1127 posts)
Sophia, I thought it was more about the people themselves not solely based on physical appearances. You know the old story "Wow they sound great" and than you meet them and they lack all personality etc. Or my personal favorite, you like them until they open their mouths lol Since I am not photogenic AT ALL I tend to be cuter than I appear lol. I've got one of those Jim Carey kinda faces, I make funny faces and at times simply look comedic , wretched, pinched or slightly moronic. My face simply doesn't freeze frame well and I really detest having my picture taken. SLS doesn't count because as a rule I turn my face away for privacy sake. There are very few with me looking forward . That being said I'm usually one who hears "Wow, you look cuter " kinda gals and so do cut them a bit of slack and keep my expectations low. Many people simply do not photograph well. I've been far more disappointed by the "personality" (lack there of) than the physical looks. Mrs Sav

Anniston AL
Username hidden
(5339 posts)
I don't get disappointed much anymore because I don't let myself get excited about new dates, etc. I discovered I can't fantasize about new dates because my fantasies tend to be better. Even if we have a good time, it still isn't what my fantasies were so it is just better not to do it.

Now when it comes to meeting forum irregulars, that is a different story. It has always been a blast, hanging out with the ones we have met so far, even when sex isn't involved.

Carrie

Corpus Christi TX
Username hidden
(17852 posts)
Mrs Sav, Just curious, what did you think this topic was about?

Sophia

Hendersonville NC
Username hidden
(1127 posts)
We don't meet that many people, so we're not disappointed as much.

Allenhurst NJ
Username hidden
(16299 posts)
disappointment more than thrilled, a handful of exactly what they looked like in thier pictures.

Spring TX
Username hidden
(2179 posts)
GoTo Page: 1 2
 1 to 10 of 17   End
TOPIC: Impression versus Reality